Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
from stalk to dying blm-6 pics

Posted by iris_gal z9 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 3, 10 at 2:26

I have never had an iris bloom this early! I've been dying to post it. So exciting as it's her first bloom ever. I knew in advance she was a "fader". Most cameras (including my Canon point & shoot) don't capture the tru orchid color. I switched to my old Olympus to get it.

We've never had these continual mild storms - more like PNW weather. Our plants are loving it. Due to low 60's daytime temps the bloom lasted 5 days. In warm sunny weather the usual time for one blossom is 3 days

Ruffled Goddess stalk in January

Photobucket

On Feb. 23rd - vibrant cattleya orchid color; last fall spread out at 11pm.

Photobucket

On 2nd day (still overcast)

Photobucket

On 3rd day (sun came out, lav beginning to show)

Photobucket

On 4th day color is more pinky-lav. (overcast)

Photobucket

On 5th & last day (overcast)

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: from stalk to dying blm-6 pics

What a beauty. That's the color I'm after. I goes so beautifully with almost every other color.

It must be related to Persian Berry, no? I am anxiously awaiting the first blooms of my Persian Berry. I'll try to get some decent photos of it and post them here. I can't believe how early your Ruffled Goddess bloomed!

Renee

o

Renee ~ we need to trade! I've got a promise for you on a piece of the viol-lav from my friend that you saw a month ago. It has less fade and opens 2 closely spaced blooms together. Where this one's terminal bud stands alone in glory for 2 days. Pros and cons to both but I think my friend's is showier. I'll be happy to share both.

o

Hey irisgal- my email address is on my page- just click on my name. I have two irises on your wish list, I think.
Renee

o

Sent mail yesterday (Thurs) ~ did it work?

o

I got it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here