Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris software programs

Posted by mshadow z4 MI (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 2, 09 at 11:14

This is a continuation of an interesting subject that was started under the thread for "Mid-America intros" by mikesc. Brock uses Excel, Bill mentioned an Excel clone from www.openoffice.org, berrytea4me uses List Pro from Illium software, and Weldon suggested PlantStep from plantstep.com, which seems really neat. Are there any other good programs out there that people are using to keep track of their irises?

Shadow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris software programs

Hi Shadow,

I just found another system (in a post in another forum) that I'm playing with to decide if I'm going to use it as my primary organizing tool. I haven't verified it's validity and/or security level, so I can't recommend everyone haphazardly download it and use it. I have tinkered with it this afternoon and it seems to work well.

It's a free program, called Irises Version 2.4, designed for iris and I downloaded it here: http://www.janett.net/

There are plenty of things I would like to change in it, but I'm not that bright. It's still neat and I'm going to keep considering it.

Just thought I'd add it to the discussion. Again, please don't use it unless you are aware that I don't know the person providing it and for all I know I could have just installed some virus of a program. Shows how bright I really am, but then who would use such an obscure program for that kind of purpose.

Brock

o

I Have tried all of the above except List Pro from Illium. I worked with Janet in the past on Version 2.4. She did not wish to use my changes. She had a person who grew daylilies helping her. Many of the fields have little to do with iris.

I now use Database Oasis http://databaseoasis.com/. I has been great I have multiple databases. There is not limit. With a little computer knowledge you can make up your own. Very easy to use. I have one for Iris I grow ( with bed location), Seedlings. Where I have guest iris at and when sent. Plus ones for medications , passwords and recipes.

It is the best money I have ever spent on software. You can have multiple photos of each iris Use any font on your computer. Different color back grounds. You can also import templates from other Database Oasis. E-mail me and I can send my template for my Iris I Grow one.

The link is to screen shot of my Iris I grow

Mike G

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris I Grow screen

o

Mike, thanks for the information! So far I think this is my favorite one. As soon as I get time, I plan on downloading it. Really like your template for "Iris I Grow," and thanks for the offer to use it. Definitely will email you once I get it downloaded. Right now I am trying to get my spring house cleaning done before the snow melts, because once I can get outside and play in the dirt nothing inside gets done (unless it is raining). I was wondering what happened to your web site? I had it bookmarked but now my link doesn't work. Thanks again!

Shadow

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here