Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkin ( Color ) Iris

Posted by olgaflowers 8 - DFW (olgaflowers@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Mar 23, 09 at 15:06

Would like to find an Iris in this color.
With a nice ruffle If possible.
Thanks, Olga

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkin ( Color ) Iris

Here are a few that stood out when I browsed the photos I have from the '05 AIS convention, but I don't know if they're all what you would consider pumpkin color (though they looked like they had a little to my eye).

I hope they're at least close to what you're looking for.

Brock

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To date, 'Golden Panther' is still the most beautiful orange I've seen in person and it was only 6 votes from winning the Dykes Medal last year (the highest award an iris can receive in the AIS system).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Thank's for your help !
Will checkout Golden Panther & the others.
Olga,

o

Hi, Olga!

I'm still looking! I am beginning to wonder if a tall bearded iris in the color you want even exists! I have just been looking through iris photos on Blue J iris's site and you might want to look at Cajun Spice, Brimstone, and Distant Fire over there and see if any of those interest you. Seems to be very hard to find a true red orange iris the color of that asiatic lily Brassy Lassie that we both admired. Most of the orange irises I see are a yellow orange----light to medium ----kind of washed out oranges. :(

I'll keep looking though.

Talk to ya later
aunt lou/sandra

o

Correction: The hot orange asiatic lily I called Brassy Lassy is actually the name of the collection at B and B's bulbs site. I think the actual lily is called Brunello---which they also sell separately. Sorry about that.

Anyway, maybe "road cone orange" iris are like trying to find a truly blue daylily or truly blue rose. At least iris have your beautiful snowy whites and also some lovely blues. :)

I may order that Brassy Lassy combo from B&B though cause I love that hot orange lily and butterfly weed look with the contrasting purple!

Does anyone out there in iris land know of a "road cone orange" iris? Really deep rich orange?

Thank you! :)
aunt_lou/sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here