Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving/ Relocating my Syberians

Posted by flowerbrackob z4 WI (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 25, 09 at 18:48

Landlord decided to build a new garage on top of 5 yrs. growth and beautiful blooms of my Syberian Iris. It'll be a traumatic day digging them up. They are very happy in a rather moist soil with not a lot of sun but: catl's show they will be ok in all of the sun's phases?????? When do I do the damages? It's still been freezing at nite and the highs are right around mid-forties or less right now. The tulips and daffies are just peeking thru. HELP SAVE MY BEAUTIES PLEASE. Smiles, Jaemy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving/ Relocating my Syberians

Hi Jaemy,

That's a different spelling. My grandsons name is Jamie :)

The best time to move sibs if you have to move them in spring, is when they are up about 3-4 inches. So not quite yet. Hopefully you can wait a couple of more weeks. But if you have to move them now, they should survive.

It'll be a good time to divide them too. Divide them into clumps of at least 5-6 fans.

They will be fine in up to full sun in your area.

Keep them really well watered all the spring and summer after you transplant them, and no fertilizer until you see new growth, then use a liquid fertilizer. No granular the first year.

Good luck. How rude of that landlord, LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here