Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mass Planting

Posted by mary_max 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 20:32

I have been looking at pictures of iris beds that are done in mass plantings. My question for you that grow iris is....Do these gardener have to divide these beds every few years. If so I cant imagine the work to do this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mass Planting

Yes, you have to divide them every few years. I get tired just thinking about it. Here are some beautiful mass plantings for you to drool over. Marte divides her irises about every three years.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: AIS World of Irises Blog

o

Thank goodness iris grow so close to the top of the soil. Unfortunately, around here iris growers tend to divide in JULY! Hot, dry, hard work. I tend to divide earlier & after a rain when it is much easier.

o

What a dream Marte's Iris gardens are!!!
I divide way before they reach such abundant display in order to cover large areas in my garden.
One day...
Dividing them is a wonderful problem to have. I would invite a bunch of Iris lovers enthusiasts, have a garden party, and let them do the work in exchange of food, beverages, and free divisions of any plants they fall in love with :).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here