Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look what I just won from Superstition!

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 20:53

I just won this 2013 introduction today! It's called 'Storm Rider'. I'm going to plant it in between the two David Austin roses I bought bands of two years ago. The rose is called Allux Symphony, and is a lovely super-pale yellow rose with a bajillion petals. I originally intended to plant the old standby iris 'Superstition' (which is the color of the falls on this one) but I dug the wrong iris from my neighbor's yard two years ago, so the spot is still free. The roses are getting big now, so by the time this iris blooms next spring there should be a spectacular show, with black-red violas in front of the roses and this iris just behind them. There are foxgloves in various shades of pale yellow, lavendar, and orchid all around. Now I just have to wait for one more year! I don't know if I'll be able to take the suspense!

Here is a link that might be useful: Superstition Iris Gardens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look what I just won from Superstition!

It's lovely, Renee. Such a wonderfully complex interplay of colors. And it should be truly striking with foxgloves and pale yellow roses. Do your foxgloves winter over (or rather, do they summer over), or do you have to replant them every year?

Kay

o

I replant them every year- I usually buy six-packs in the fall, but this year I couldn't find any until late winter. This year I also let some go to seed, and I got about two dozen plants out of it. I'm going to try it again this year.

o

Allux Symphony! Great choice!

We will need a full set of updated garden photos.

I was eyeballing a pony pac of Foxy foxgloves at the nursery today -- they didn't have the taller ones. Your gorgeous garden was in my mind.

o

Beautiful, I love the dark irises, they really make a statement in a garden. Really looking forward to your photos, you have such a beautiful garden. Love foxgloves, they just don't seem to spread around as much as I would like.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 23:32

How do you order from them? The only thing I can find when I Google is their facebook page and a website that is expired?

Tammy

o

Hi Tammy,
You can go to their Facebook page and look at the photos there, but there are no prices. They send out a catalog that costs $1.50 with the prices, or you can just ask for the prices of the ones you want on the Facebook page. The prices are mid-to-low range, much cheaper than Schreiner's, but a bit more than BlueJ. Most of the ones I ordered this year were 4 to 6 bucks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Superstition Iris Gardens

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 12:49

Great thank you :) I have an order with Wild Iris Rows, but wanted to order maybe a few more this year.

Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here