Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'09 Aitken's Intros Up

Posted by eroctuse2 z5 SE Michigan (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 22:00

I just checked in to look for new intros on Aitken's site and it's finally up and running.

http://www.flowerfantasy.net/iris2000.htm

It looks like they're introducing a new MTB for Chuck Bunnell and it looks like I have a few photos of it under seedling number.

'In My Veins' (formerly Sdlg J89-1)
Bunnell Sdlg

Bunnell Sdlg

Bunnell Sdlg

Not that my taste means anything, but I'm in love with 'Easy Being Green'. It's pod parent ('Green And Gifted' (one of Barry Blyth's son Paul Blyth's introductions) is an old favorite of mine as well, so I'm not too shocked to see how crazy I am for one of it's descendants.

Plenty of other beauties to bankrupt me on their site as well. :)

Brock

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: '09 Aitken's Intros Up

Good detective work.

Hope the seedling directly preceding also is introduced (with veining consistanly out to the rim).

Aitkins is great to do business with.

o
Easy Being Green

Wow. Aitkens has great photos at last. Abiqua Falls won an AM - I loved it at first sight.

Of all the intros I like Easy Being Green the best.

o

Hi iris_gal,

Chuck does have some gorgeous seedlings doesn't he? I have some good/bad news; he's very picky about his introductions. On a repeat visit to one of the '08 spring regional tour gardens I was told that, after viewing them in the tour gardens, Chuck had informed the garden owner to destroy all but one seedling that he wanted returned. The seedling you're referring to was in a different garden, so it may still exist.

There were several that I would have been thrilled to grow, but I'm so happy to see that nothing but the absolute best will be offered to the gardening public.

EBG won't be left to my wish list long. If you get it before me, let us know how it does. :)

Brock

o

Wow, I love "Code Blue"--that is the reddest beard I've ever seen on an iris.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here