Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Anything blooming yet?

hosenemesis
13 years ago

Nothing here- but I have some stalks starting on Persian Berry, Lady Friend, Total Recall, and a NOID from Irisgal (can't wait!).

Renee

Comments (14)

• Nancy
    13 years ago

No blooms, but my iris are greening up nicely. I can't expect anything til about mid April here though. I think April 9 was my first iris bloom last year & it was on intermediate & an SDB iris. Footloose was the first TB to bloom April 15 for tax day. I've got a while to wait and have to be satisfied with mini iris right now. Can't wait to see your pictures.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Good ol' pinky beige noid is blooming first per usual.

• jeanrichter
    13 years ago

In bloom at the moment: I. confusa, "That's Hot," and "Honey Scoop."
    "Honey Scoop" has been a blooming fool since last December - two more stalks on it coming up too...

• bkay2000
    13 years ago

Cemetery Iris are in full bloom here. I live in an old neighborhood, so lots of alleys have clumps of old iris. Many are cemetery iris.

bkay

• sylviatexas1
    13 years ago

yep, white cemetary iris & a historic yellow, & more to come-
    I've made it through another winter, woo-hoo!

• random_harvest
    13 years ago

Yes, soon it will be iris time in central Texas! Ida Red is showing color and there are buds on Pink Kitten, Jurassic Park, and good old Clarence. Double Byte, a yellow dwarf, has been putting on a show for a couple of weeks. Yee haw!

• sylviatexas1
    13 years ago

Crimson King is in bloom all over this old city!

• ashes_of_the_fire
    13 years ago

Gosh, I am so envious! I'm lucky to have some for my birthday (may 14) and you all have colour showing now, on buds! my daffodils haven't even started yet. I just can't wait to see your pictures and then my own flowers!

• Nancy
    13 years ago

I was just cleaning out my iris bed & broke off a bud from Earl of Essex. Last year that one bloomed on April 23, & I thought everything was early last year. I'm glad at least it wasn't a bud from the iris I got last year!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Be careful! They snap right off just to spite you. Daylilies do the same thing.
    Renee

• bari26
    13 years ago

well, the dwarf bulb iris are blooming here (Cape Cod, don't know why my "zone" looks like what I'm seeing...), now.... The Crimnson Kings that somebody in Texas sent me as a trade a couple of summers ago have never bloomed, although they tried to rebloom the first year, but way too late.... and nothing came of them last year... the leaves spread like wildfire, but no flowers...

• Nancy
    13 years ago

Well, I was out today & spotted 2 more tall bearded iris buds, one from Daughter of Star & can't find a tag on the other 2. I'm quite bumfuzzeled, they are blooming so very early. Earl of Essex & Daughter of stars are both rebloomers, I wonder if these 2 just didn't get a chance to bloom last fall & decided to start early this spring. I though SDB & intermediate iris tended to bloom earlier than tall beardeds, but no sign of buds on any of those.
    And I agree Renee, sometimes you just look at a flower bud wrong & they will snap off to spite you. Usually the newest ones I want most to see.

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Jurrasic Park has a couple of beginning bloom spikes. It is always one of my first. The dutch iris are blooming some though, and the daffs and tulips have been pretty.

{{gwi:8182}}
    kay

• random_harvest
    13 years ago

Here's Pink Kitten this morning.

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions