Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyiris

Iris Swap

lovelyiris
15 years ago

Anyone interested in having an iris swap sometime around July?

I was thinking something like 10 different named irises and we will draw names. We can do it where it's secret or I can draw names and give you someone to send your end to.

If your interested please let me know and we will go from there.

We can call it our "4th July Iris Explosion Swap"

Hope to see some of you add your names to the list.

May your iris beds be full of blooms and free of weeds, and may your heart be full of the joy of Spring.

Happy Gardening, Marian

Comments (5)

• mikesc
    15 years ago

Hi Marian,
    It's Mike in South Carolina. How are those irises I sent you looking these days? I hope they're growing well and you will stay flood-free from here on out!

Best,
    Mike in Myrtle Beach

• lovelyiris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Mike,
    I think I lost just one of the irises you sent me. We have been pretty much flood free since then. Although we've had rain the past two weeks and it looks like we're going to get rain again most of this week.

I'll put it this way, I can't keep up with the weeds for the rain.LOL

Do you have anything you want to trade? I think of you each time I walk by your irises. After saying I was not going to buy like I always had I order several 100 irises from different sources. LOL Don't say never!

I ordered from Cooley's, Malevile, Wild Iris Rows, and a couple of others. Needless to say I'm back at it again and outlining everything around here with irises, daylilies, cannas, and anything else that blooms,looks tropical, has unusual texture or leaves, or is a vine.

I'm really bitting off more than I can chew but that's what makes gardening so much fun. I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have something blooming to smell or make me smile.

It was good to hear from you. Happy Gardening, Marian

• lovelyiris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Mike,
    I forgot to tell you I'm still looking for someone to get a bunch of blue, and yellow irises that bloom at the same time to do my planting around my birdbath. You know, one ring of blue and one ring of yellow. LOL

If you know of anyone that has about 10 of each I'd like to get them and knock that one project off my to do list. It's only been there for a couple of years now.
    Thanks Marian

• janen
    15 years ago

I am interested. How does it work? Thanks. Janen

• lovelyiris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm rounding up people that want to do an iris trade. Hopefully they will already have named irises to trade. Say you and I were trade partners. I would send you ten different irises from my collection and you would send me ten irises from your collection. This way we can get irises we don't already have for just the postage.

Let me know if I need to add your name to the list.
    These trades will not take place until our irises are finished blooming this year.

Happy Gardening, Marian

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm