Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saw five gorgeous gardens today

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 25, 10 at 0:06

Hi all,
I went on the San Fernando Valley Iris Club's open garden trek today with my gardening buddy Melanie and my mom. We thought we'd take about two hours to look over a few suburban gardens and come home.

We were gone all day.

I'm practically speechless at the beauty of these gardens. One must have had two acres of grass paths lined with roses, irises, annuals... every flowering thing you can grow in Southern California, and that's saying something. Others had huge waterfalls and ponds and unbelievable stone terracing and secret grassy paths curving through stands of Spuria irises and English garden roses over your head. I cannot imagine how much work these people do in their gardens.

I'll be posting some photos, and I apologize for not always getting the name of the iris or rose- I was having too much fun to write them all down.

I may have to do a single link to a Picasa Web Album- I took so many pictures!

Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saw five gorgeous gardens today

we are waiting

mr toad

o

Take a look at the gallery section. Make sure you are sitting down.
Renee

o

Wear a bib!!!

Renee, what kind of camera did you use?

o

Great job! Inspired me to go out and weed.

o

Daylilyluver, the camera is an old Konica Minolta Dimage x50 which I point and shoot. I remembered to clean the lens before the tour. That helps my photography immensely.
Renee

o

worth the wait - thanks for taking time to add labels

mr toad

o

Going to go look now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here