Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jennifer Rebecca opened today

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 1:16

I like the form on this iris. A pretty color, too. I can't get enough of orchid-pink irises!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jennifer Rebecca opened today

Very pretty, isn't it! Nice color & lovely ruffled look.

o

Ooh, we want a close-up.

o

Here ya go, Irisgal. No crane fly, though.

o

Very nice! Thank you. Next we'll need a report on how well it reblooms for you!

Not sure what food crane flies require but now when I see dragon flies I know they are after flying insects. 95% success rate in their hunting.

o

I don't think crane flies eat much as adults. They seem intent upon flying into things and leaving their legs all over the kitchen counters. Their lifespans must be awfully short. We get an invasion once a year, then I vacuum their little legless, lifeless bodies out of the light fixtures and corners of the rooms and that's it for the season.

o

• Posted by minflick 9b/7, Boulder Creek, (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 22:51

Bugs - I was weeding grass clumps out in my gravel driveway, and I saw a wing next to me, catching the sunlight. Turned my head to really look at it, and it was a damselfly! Too cool!! Then it flew away, so it was a good thing I got the glimpse of it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here