Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris bucharica in bloom

Posted by eukofios 8 Maritime NW (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 3:09

Since we are a long way from bearded irises blooming in my yard, I have a little Iris bucharica blooming in a corner, under a grapevine.

Each year it comes up about now, blooms for a few weeks, then disappears for another year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris bucharica in bloom

Beautiful. Could someone please tell me about the iris bucharia and about iris caucasia?Are they invasive and how do they do in zone 5a. Does anyone grown them and can tell me about your experience with them. Are they considered "Beardless" iris?

o

Thank you- I have never seen it before!
Renee

o

Iris bucharica is easy in my climate, which is wet winter, occasional freeze, wet cool spring, dry summer. They are not invasive at all. They look like little 1 foot tall corn plants. They are not bearded. I wish my photo gave them better justice, they are very pretty.

I happened on these in a package at a big box store many years ago. They are in a semi-sunny location, as much as you can call Spring in the Pacific NW semi-sunny.

The link is from UK. It gives some description.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris bucharica

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here