Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
random_harvest

Can you ID this gaudy beauty?

random_harvest
11 years ago

This was given to me as a peanut-sized rhizome at a local iris society sale six years ago. It has been a mid- to late bloomer for three years now (a week or two after Conjuration).

This is one of those irises that seems to glow from inside and it's a favorite of all the neighbors. Surely something so vigorous and appealing has to be widely grown. Please, can any of you help me put a name to it?

Comments (7)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I was going to suggest Spacelab, but mine has a blue/purple beard. Very pretty!

• gardenofeden777
    10 years ago

Hi, it looks like Syncopation to me. I bought it last year because the pics of it looking iridescent. Very beautiful indeed!

Rena'

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

I bet the clump in bloom is jawdropping!

• random_harvest
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, Rena, I think you've nailed it! Syncopation's age fits also -- 1984 when irises were getting more frilly, but not too frilly.

Looked up Space Lab, too, and sure enough it has a similar border around the falls. Wonder if they're kin?

You guys are awesome!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

It is a beauty!
    kay

• flowergirl70ks
    10 years ago

It looks like Brown Lasso to me

• random_harvest
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brown Lasso is a stunner! But going by the photos, the border color around its falls has a definite sharp edge while the one on mine just sort of vaguely blends in. Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll be on the lookout for it.

Sponsored