Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

Help to ID some iris

Nancy
12 years ago

Every year I have a few new NOIDs turn up :)

I've had Total Recall for 3 years, it bloomed the 1st year, not last year, & has never rebloomed for me. I got to looking at it closely & wondering now if it really is TR. Somehow it doesn't look quite right to me

{{gwi:1014765}}

Another photo of it

{{gwi:1014766}}

Got Mesmerizer in a trade couple of years ago, 1st bloom for it. I know some of the ones with spoons, etc, don't always show up every year, but mesmerizer doesn't seem like it should look like this anyway. I like the bright orange/red beard

Got this one in a trade too, as Jennifer Rebecca. Was told it is a rebloomer.

{{gwi:1014768}}

Several years ago I dug out an overgrown iris bed that had stopped blooming, it had several iris in there. Heirloom iris had choked out a lot of newer iris, but I got a lot of the iris back, & knew the names of what I had planted. I have gotten a lot of surprises the last couple of years, iris I had given up on. This was a real surprise, but I don't remember this one at all. The rhizome grew right up against a butterfly bush, so the photo is in shade. It is a very pale, almost white color, just blushed in laveneder it seems.

I know it really isn't likely I can ID these, but I've had a couple identified before. The last one I must have gotten from our iris society sale, so I might can take the photo to them later & ID it. I think Total Recall came from the iris society too, it "should" be right, but I have had a few mistakes from them.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor