Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Neat Schreiner's Photos

Posted by mikesc 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 11:34

Trolling around the internet, I discovered these photos taken at Schreiner's in 2008. The top one is of a table with all of the intros in vases. I am blown away by the coloring of Indigo Seas, which is at the end of the table on the right side. I'm excited that I had this plant sent to me last year as a bonus! It doesn't have a bloomstalk yet, but I sure do hope that it will and that it will bloom that color for me! Has anyone who has seen it noticed that the color is this electric?

Also, the first seedling photo of the clump of pink irises appears to be the seedling introduced this year as "June Krauss." Very nice! That is great rich color for a pink.

Hope you enjoy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photographs from Schreiner's Gardens at Pittsgrove Farms Site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Neat Schreiner's Photos

Very nice. I always enjoy good pictures.

o

That pink looks good!

The only photo I've seen of Indigo Seas was at Schreiners and it looks far too blue on my monitor. Look forward to seeing an accurate one from you!

o

I hope Indigo Seas blooms for you this year. I was also wondering about an accurate color, compared to the web site.

Shadow

o

If you click on the photos in the link, they will enlarge. That photo seems to me to reveal the same brilliant color of IS--it's stunning looking to me. Given that flowers usually look better in person than in real life, I'm anxious to see it bloom in person.

o

Mike,

Thanks so much for posting a link from our blog. The images are from my brother's trip last year to visit Schreiner's. My parents and he have had the pleasure of being out to their gardens, unfortunately I am the only one who hasn't been out to see them. We have been purchasing from them for quite a few years now and they are really great people that are very nice to work with. Thanks for the hat tip on the photos. We also have a selection of our iris photos on Flickr and will be updating more soon.

Please check out our website if you get the opportunity or come out to see us. We aren't the size of Schreiner's by any means but we love what we do.

Best,
Jeremy

Here is a link that might be useful: Check our Pittsgrove Farms photo stream

o

Jeremy,
Thanks for posting! I was happy to find your site. Good pictures! I've always received very nice big healthy plants from Schreiner's, too.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here