Classic Look:

Jurrasic Park:

{{gwi:683650}}

And a look across the iris (that is a clematis to the left):

kay

Comments (7)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Very, very lovely. That shot of PAUL BLACK is especially striking wiuth the puple dancing in the light with the red roses blooming in the backround. The garden sure is looking good.

• mikesc
    11 years ago

Awesome!! I think that Paul Black is not going to bloom for me this year. Most people seem to have better luck with him than me. Yours is really pretty--they all are!

Mike

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mike, I have several that I am not seeing buds on, including Rainbow High! It is worse than usual this year, but I expected it since we had so little winter.

It is funny how they behave. Ngraham said that Batik wouldn't bloom well for her, and she has some that do well for her but don't bloom well for me.

Thanks Rita. You've seen my garden pics many times. You see how many iris are still blooming, and the daylilies have really started.

Crazy!
    kay

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Beautiful iris, Kay. I like Paul black with that orange beard. Just love that last shot with all your iris blooming, so very pretty.
    On the whole, I think it has been a good year for iris here, but we probably got more cold that you did. I do have a few that aren't going to bloom, but sometimes I think the iris just decide to take a year off. I'm sure it is the ones I don't have many rhizomes mostly. And that beastly Batik. Of course, if I fertilized them, they might be happier.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Kay, you might want to check that ID on No Count Blues. I think it's supposed to be a late bloomer. I got mine as a bonus from Schreiner's and it looks different. My friend Jean just had two irises from Schreiner's bloom- and one of her Bonus irises, Grateful Red, is Lady Friend. Owyhee Desert turned out to be Thornbird. So Schreiner's is not immune to making mistakes, and maybe my No Count Blues is the wrong one.

Your Paul Black is a stunner, but my eye keeps being drawn to the magenta iris- is that Sheer Ecstacy? It's so vibrant. I love your shot of Classic Look. Thanks for the clump shots. They make such a difference!
    Renee

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good eye, Renee. It is Sheer Elegance. That No count Blues is puzzling though. It came from Shreiner's also, and it is blooming later than most of mine this year. With no winter to speak of, the iris are pouting a bit. The daylilies, on the other hand, are celebrating.

• gottagarden
    11 years ago

wow! Getting my morning fix of spring by visiting the iris forum. Love your Jurassic Park and no count blues. Agree that magenta is a real looker, we need some close-ups!

Sponsored