Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendation for early peach?

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 13:04

Does anyone have a recommendation for an extra-early blooming peach or very warm pink tall bearded iris? I'm color-challenged, but I thought this color might look good with Lady Friend.
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendation for early peach?

I never did find the right companion for Lady Friend. Had/have mainly pastels. Thornbird's another difficult one.

What about white?

o

"Birthday Girl" by Keith Keppel--really beautiful!

o

Mike- that is just the right color, but it does not bloom early enough to help out Lady Friend.

Irisgal, I have white next to it now- Frequent Flyer. I don't know if you have ever seen "antique shades" pansies, but they come in that dark old rose color of Lady Friend, with pale yellows, peaches and apricots, and dusty burgundy-plum. Very Victorian colors, and I thought I would try to reproduce that.
Maybe something along the lines of Bel Esprit or Scottish Reel...

o

That's too bad about "Birthday Girl." It was an early bloomer for me, but I don't have "Lady Friend" so don't know what the difference would be.

"Amber Amulet" by Kerr is a sort of melon color that I used to grow--it was always my first to bloom. You might wish to check out some pics of it. I remember it had a nice fragrance, too.

o

Great idea with the antique shades pansy colors. Hope Home
depot gets them. A favorite of mine.

I have a copper pink magenta African daisy in full bloom. I'm trying to envision LF planted nearby.

White doesn't do any magic. Butterscotch may be it.

o

Hi Renee,

I know this is an old thread but thought that I would post my favorite peach iris for you in case you are still looking. It currently has a bloom stalk on it. This is last years picture. My SDB are blooming now and they are early too. I actually have bloom stalks everywhere. Will make a new thread soon...

Rena'

DEBBIE REYNOLDS planted in front of a Camelia. Stated ML in AIS dict. but blooms EL here. Not sure if this is helpful or not for you in CA.

And the color on the pic is true. In person it just glowed in front of the dark green Camelia foliage. The pic doesn't fully capture the glowing beauty of it.

o

Flora Zenora Blooms may 14 for me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here