Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Few More Bloom Pics

Posted by mikesc (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 13:12

La Scala (first year; landscapers lopped off its top buds; these were lower down on a fairly short stalk. Large flowers!)

Photobucket

Rustle of Spring

Photobucket

Red Skies (one of the earliest)

Photobucket

Secret Rites

Photobucket

Drama Queen

Photobucket

Fashion Diva (just opening; the falls don't stay curled up like this)

Fashion Diva Opening

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Few More Bloom Pics

They are all so very beautiful. I really like La Scala, simply beautiful and elegant. And Rustle of Spring is such a warm juicy color! Love it.

o

I like them all, wonderful colors.

o

Rita, I think La Scala is going to end up being a great grower. This is its first year, and I get that feeling. And Rustle of Spring is like no other color I've seen and it blooms every year (I can't say that about too many...)

Mike

o

Love LaScala!

Why do the mow and blow guys hate flowers so much? It puzzles me. I'm glad you got to see its lovely bloom despite the hack job.
Renee

o

So pretty, Mike. I especially like La Scala and Drama Queen. Red skies is a beautiful color. Very nice photos, Mike.
kay

o

La Scala is luscious. I do find, however, that the hybridizers are overdoing the ruffles on iris. Just my taste, but I don't want everything scalloped and frilled.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here