Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
specialmn1

Need Japanese Iris growing ideas

Mary4b
13 years ago

Greetings,

I received 1 start of a Japanese Iris from my mother before she died...that was in 1999. I've only seen this iris bloom once or twice, but it has stayed alive...believe it or not, under the dappled shade of a Maple Tree. I have since learned that gardening under a Maple Tree is a difficult endeavor, to say the least!

I don't think I really have the right location to grow this Japanese Iris. I don't have a pond or stream, and if I could put it near the downspout, it wouldn't get enough sun.

I don't want to give it away, it had a ethereally beautiful bloom, I think she picked this out from Ensata, or maybe AnnaMae knows what she had.

So, what can I do creatively to bring this beauty back to bloom? Right now, I have it all dug up, soaking in a 5 gallon tub of water, I have go get it out of there, as I think some of the tops are fully submerged, I'll drain it today and get it into something better....

Can you help me design something? In the ground, or in a pot/mini fountain? I don't want to spend more than $40 on the project. I have full sun in some places, plenty of dappled sun, and plenty of concrete near water sources for pots.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists