Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Iris ID please

Posted by terrene 5b MA USA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 14:17

Hi, this is an older Iris, perhaps an historical variety, as it was growing at my previous house - planted by the previous owner about 40 years ago.

It is a tall bearded Iris and very vigorous. I love it and have given away tons of it.

Does anybody know if this is a named cultivar? Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Iris ID please

I don't know the name, but you may want to look at Carlos' site, Brighton Park Iris. He grows historic irises and has a wonderful site to browse around in (in which to browse around?). He also has great links to places to buy irises, and many of those have photo catalogs.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Brighton Park Iris

o

Alos check out Blue J Iris-tons of pix!

o

Wow, so many gorgeous Irises on those websites! Beautiful! The Brighton park website has excellent quality photos and they are a pleasure to look at. But I didn't see this one there.

Also checked out the historic Iris website and think I found it. One called Pinnacle - not 100% sure but it looks like it matches.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris photos - www.hips-roots.com

o

I think you're right!
Good find. It's so hard to ID irises, since there are so many. Yours is a real beauty- I am partial to clear yellow and white.

One reason, among many, that I like the Brighton Park page is because of the descriptions of the various iris sellers on the links page. Carlos tells you if the seller is into historics, recent intros, etc. as well as his personal experience with the company. So helpful.

Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here