Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Names Added to Old Photos

Posted by eroctuse2 z5 SE Michigan (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 5, 09 at 14:34

Just thought I'd let you know that I've finally added the names to the varieties (that I knew) on the photos from way back at the 2007 Region 6 spring meeting. (Shadow, you should like that because that was the SIB year)

My mom pitched in to help me get a TB (terabyte not tall bearded :) hard drive for my birthday and now I'm going to be able to access all of my photos at once (as soon as I finish transferring them). So, I'm finally trying to go back through my photos to add any names that I have.

You can see the regional photos here.

Brock

P.S. I can't remember if I've said it here, but I also added the varietal names (that I knew) to the 2007 garden photos. You can see them here.

P.S. My club's "zoo care social" was yesterday morning. We have a fairly large garden at the Detroit Zoo and we met up for maintenance. My mom humored me and we visited several exhibits afterward. If anyone's interested, you can see those photos here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Names Added to Old Photos

Thank you Brock! I love so many of the Hollingworth seedlings. So far I haven't got their catalog this year, but I am going to order as soon as it comes, as last year the one I wanted was already sold out. So many beautiful pictures!

Love your zoo pictures. Those birds sure are colorful.

Sounds like you new hard drive might last you a while. My computer has been acting up, so I went to Wal Mart and bought an external drive and transferred all of my pictures. I would really be horrified if I lost them all. Got a 320 gb external drive for $70 and it was well worth it.

P. S. Happy belated birthday!

Shadow

o

Very nice photos Brock. Bubble Bubble was on my wishlist and your photos of it pushed it to the must-get-this-year list.

Carlos

o

Shadow,

Thank-you for all of your kind words. I just wanted to let you know that (as I understand it) the Hollingworth's aren't going to have a catalog this year. Ensata is introducing one SIB (this year) for Bob and according to their catalog:

"...we are starting to carry the Siberian iris of hybridizer Bob Hollingworth. Bob has decided to retire to just hybridizing Siberian iris almost full time and also quit making Judy dig and wash and ship HIS iris plants!"

So, you can still add their future intros to your garden, but it sounds like they won't be selling their own plants. I bet I know the sold out variety you're talking about, because I wanted it too, but I guess I won't mention the name here so you'll have a better chance of getting it sooner than later. :)

Not to push a point too far, but don't forget you could see their intros, all their seedlings, and wander the fields yourself on June 6 (when they'll have open gardens and JT). nudge, nudge... lol

Hollingworth Garden

Carlos,

Thank-you for your kind words as well. You must have been wandering (which I whole-heartedly support) to find those BB photos and you don't know how happy I am to hear that I can help convince anyone to buy more iris. :)

Brock

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here