Sheer Ecstasy:

Old NOID group:

{{gwi:656553}}

I'm loving this!

kay

Comments (15)

• Nancy
    14 years ago

Gorgeous, I love your garden! I got Jurassic Park this spring from a friend, I can't wait to see it bloom next year. Lovely rich color on Sheer Ecstacy, I'm into that color this year I think. Nice pink clump too. I love seeing some beautiful blooms in what is a dreary day. I tried to take some pictures, but another storm came through last night, not as bad as Saturday night but still windy. My poor iris looked very raggedy this morning.

• mrtoad
    14 years ago

wonderfully beautiful ! ! !

mr toad

• Cindy zone 6a
    14 years ago

Very nice!!!Thanks for sharing.
    cindy

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Your pink NOID has lovely color and nice long falls. I think it is beautiful. But I really die for those shots of Sheer Ecstacy with Lovely Seniorita. I have to have that combo somewhere in my garden- it's so stunning.
    Renee

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Sheer Ecstasy is a knockout!

• madeyna
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting them , your garden is beatiful.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all so much for looking at my garden.I couldn't believe that Schreiner's quit selling Sheer Ecstasy! It is my favorite. But Keith Keppel's are so gorgeous. Montmartre is stunning today. Look at it!

Close-Up:

kay

kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Kay, aha, I find more pictures of your stunning iris here on this forum. I never get tired of those stunning blooms.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rita,

Yours will be here soon.

kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

I go out and look at the stalks each day since I noticed them to see if they look any closer to blooming. You bet I will be taking pictures when they do.

Its just that I don't have a mass effect like you do with the pictures of your iris beds. I love that look but I don't have that many iris and they are not planted all together like that. I NEED to add more.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rita,

Well, I planted them like this so I could cultivate them and avoid mulch. I think I need to use the leaf blower yet again since the last rain. I really have to watch to avoid rot.

kay

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

My bearded iris are mulched. However not with the fall leaves or straw that I pile on everywhere else in my garden. They were planted very high with the rhizome nicely out of the ground. Then I mulched them (last fall) with the extra large size pine bark nuggetts. I don't use those anywhere else in my garden except for my iris beds. I did put them around and not over the rhizomes. I like the really large nuggetts as they really can't wash over the rhizomes easily, too big and clunky. It seems to have worked well as they came thru the winter like champs and are multiplying all over the place. You might remember it was a big thing for me to decide on how I was going to do bearded iris as I mulch the heck out of all my gardenbeds. For the beared, I had to think of another way. And I can't stand the sight of bare ground :-(( (plus the weeds)

Kay, you may have planted them together like that for ease of mantenience but they just look fantastic like that.

I was amusing myself looking at the Schreiners Catalog last night. Just want to order so badly but not ready yet as I have not laid out my alotted space for them as yet.

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

They're all beautiful. But I really like the first shot. So colorful!!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Your gardens are beautiful! The iris' are gorgeous! Can't wait for mine to bloom, but alas it will be another 3-4 weeks.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

WOW, what beauties; I especially love Sheer Ecstasy and Montmartre!

Sponsored