Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Irisgal- the NOID bloomed (pics)

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 11 at 14:38

Here it is!
I don't think it is the "warm lavendar" rebloomer that we thought it would be, but it is very pretty. I am thinking about building a new bed for blues and purples, so that I can grow Daughter of Stars, which I just love. This would go into that bed. The flowers are very big. Can you ask your friend if she recognizes it and if she can put a name to it?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Irisgal- the NOID bloomed (pics)

So pretty!

o

A very pretty bloom, hope you find out what it is.
You will love Daughter of Stars. Mine reblooms for me each fall, and is getting ready to bloom any day now, if it ever warms up enough. I bet in your climate it would bloom all the time!

o

Hose, that looks like it adjusting for the 'blueness' digital cameras accent. Huge flowers, yes. Sorry it's not as warm as you want. It may warm up with warmer weather............ have noticed minor color change.

I've forgotten the name I thought it might be ~~ my friend is in hers 80's and I suspect it is one of an unnamed batch another older woman gave her. After I dug it I saw it had a bloom stalk :-( but the darn thing is always coming or going. If you see the warm lavender you want please share the name.

She has one parkway strip filled with iris and they have all turned out to be this one, ............... except finally last week one close to the corner opened very blue-lav. What a difference in color. Same intensity but lacking red. I'll pop by tomorrow for another pic. try. Aughh, we jumped from 60's to 80's yeaterday and today --- poor spring bulbs look like they have been placed in an oven.

o

This iris has turned out to be extremely popular with everyone- it is really tall and shows up beautifully in the garden. One girlfriend who has resisted irises up until now caved in upon seeing this- she wants a piece. It's a wonderful grower, too. I don't care if there's no name. It's wonderful.

Same here about the temps- that two days of 90 degree weather fried the first flush of roses and irises. I managed to save the veggies even though they were just planted by shading them.

Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here