Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem transplanting Irises

Posted by lauralivesay Oklahoma (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 17, 10 at 14:54

I transplanted my irises from my house to my fiance's house two days ago because I am moving there in a couple of weeks. The plants had flowers on them, but they had not opened yet. I was hoping that they would go ahead and bloom since they were so close to blooming already. The problem is that now they are all laying on the ground!! We watered them well but all of the leaves and stalks are literally laying on the ground. Should I trim the leaves or tie them to a stake or is there anything I can do at this point to perk them back up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem transplanting Irises

Can you cut off the flower stalks and put them in a vase? They may revive enough to bloom indoors.

I don't think you should trim the leaves at all; they will need all of the energy they can get from the leaves. I wouldn't bother staking them up either.

Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here