{{gwi:1015843}}

Honey Glazed

{{gwi:1006263}}

Silent Shadow & Wild Lad

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

ngraham,
    The iris in the last picture aare very unusual. I have bought a few odd ones, and some I really like and some not so much. How about you?
    kay

• Nancy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kay, I tend to like odd iris, although not so much the bottom iris in the last picture, Wild Lad. I'm not much on the "brown" iris, even though I have a couple. I have Thornbird, I like the form but just don't care for the color. Don't like green iris either, I have a couple of those. Sometimes you just can't tell by pictures though. I have enough space that I keep them for now. If I start whittling them down, these will be the 1st to go. Well, actually, probably the oldest heirloom types I have will go first. They may start this year, I just do not enjoy them & they multiply like mad.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

How great we can click on your pics and get 2 enlargements!

I was really interested in Wild Lad and Silent Shadow. Some of the oddities I love and others .........................eh!

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

I like the colors. A bit too subtle for my garden, but pretty. Thanks!
    Renee

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Lovely blooms and the show is starting well for you.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

ngraham,
    That top iris in the last picture is very intriguing to me. And that top one, Country Dance, I really like. Iris are so lovely when they bloom.

I love that you are figuring out what has to go, since I am always doing that. There are a couple of them I need to mark so I can get New Ones! Duplicate or too close colors, or just not favorites Ha there's always another one Ive got to have!
    kay

• mrtoad
    12 years ago

these colors are interesting - i like the multi color and the ruffles of the new iris

but, too quote my third grade teacher, "everyone to their own taste said the lady as she kissed the cow." i do not know what this means or what it has to do with iris, just seemed appropriate

mr toad

• gardenunusual
    12 years ago

Breathtaking!

• Nancy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So glad you are enjoying the pictures. I do love my iris, but then there are the daylilies. They are such perfect garden plants, when one finishes blooming, the other starts.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Nancy, honestly that is why I got into the TB Iris myself. I tried all sorts of extra early daylilies and all I could get were yellow not very exciting flowers. I finially figured out that if I wanted blooms way before the daylily season normally started that I would have to forget about extra early daylilies and look elsewhere. So I got Iris and have been stunned by how beautiful they are. Love them.

• madeyna
    12 years ago

I hadn,t though about pairing them up with the daylilies. What a great idea. I bought a couple of knockout roses for that bed and now I think I will have to move a few daylilies over there as well.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Perfect combo- irises and daylilies.

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996