Honey Glazed
Honey Glazed

Silent Shadow & Wild Lad
Silent Shadow & Wild Lad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iris blooming in my garden now

ngraham,
The iris in the last picture aare very unusual. I have bought a few odd ones, and some I really like and some not so much. How about you?
kay

o

Kay, I tend to like odd iris, although not so much the bottom iris in the last picture, Wild Lad. I'm not much on the "brown" iris, even though I have a couple. I have Thornbird, I like the form but just don't care for the color. Don't like green iris either, I have a couple of those. Sometimes you just can't tell by pictures though. I have enough space that I keep them for now. If I start whittling them down, these will be the 1st to go. Well, actually, probably the oldest heirloom types I have will go first. They may start this year, I just do not enjoy them & they multiply like mad.

o

How great we can click on your pics and get 2 enlargements!

I was really interested in Wild Lad and Silent Shadow. Some of the oddities I love and others .........................eh!

o

I like the colors. A bit too subtle for my garden, but pretty. Thanks!
Renee

o

Lovely blooms and the show is starting well for you.

o

ngraham,
That top iris in the last picture is very intriguing to me. And that top one, Country Dance, I really like. Iris are so lovely when they bloom.

I love that you are figuring out what has to go, since I am always doing that. There are a couple of them I need to mark so I can get New Ones! Duplicate or too close colors, or just not favorites Ha there's always another one Ive got to have!
kay

o

these colors are interesting - i like the multi color and the ruffles of the new iris

but, too quote my third grade teacher, "everyone to their own taste said the lady as she kissed the cow." i do not know what this means or what it has to do with iris, just seemed appropriate

mr toad

o

Breathtaking!

o

So glad you are enjoying the pictures. I do love my iris, but then there are the daylilies. They are such perfect garden plants, when one finishes blooming, the other starts.

o

Nancy, honestly that is why I got into the TB Iris myself. I tried all sorts of extra early daylilies and all I could get were yellow not very exciting flowers. I finially figured out that if I wanted blooms way before the daylily season normally started that I would have to forget about extra early daylilies and look elsewhere. So I got Iris and have been stunned by how beautiful they are. Love them.

o

I hadn,t though about pairing them up with the daylilies. What a great idea. I bought a couple of knockout roses for that bed and now I think I will have to move a few daylilies over there as well.

o

Perfect combo- irises and daylilies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here