Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bloom after transplant?

Posted by miriam_2009 5MI (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 7, 09 at 16:19

I have a some huge clumps of bearded irises which I would like to move. If I'm very careful, are they likely to bloom this season after being transplanted?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bloom after transplant?

A few years ago I needed to move some iris. I dug very deeply, taking as much dirt with the roots as possible, already had the transplanting holes dug. Not one of the approximately 12 irises that I transplanted bloomed that year. If you go down to the bottom of the page where your original post is and put "transplanting iris" in the search box there are a few posts related to spring transplanting that will come up. Hope this helps.

Shadow

o

I've never had iris bloom unless planted way before normal bloom time. Most of mine have bloomed here (N Central TX) You can move immediately after bloom for next year, but don't trim tops until the right time for your area. Here I move the 1st or 2nd week of Sept,trim tops prior to replanting. Carol

o

Thank you! Looks like I'll have to be patient and wait until the proper time to transplant. I don't think I can bear to give up this season's blooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here