Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Several of my favorite irises

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

I've always grown irises mostly passed from one garden to the next, so I don't know any of their names, but here are a few of my favorites that have been blooming profusely for me for years.

Dark Blue Siberian Iris--I have four different clumps of these. Just love their jeweled tones.

"Black" Iris--part of my son's 4-H project many years ago. He no longer takes care of them, but always double-checks to make sure I take adequate care of "his" black iris (how they were described in the catalog). I always point out they are actually dark purple, not black and that as long as they continue to reside on my property, they are my dark purple iris. But what's in a name--they are truly dramatically beautiful.

{{gwi:228930}}

Light Blue Iris--not the best picture, but they do look lovely mixed into my perennial bed.

{{gwi:218933}}

Blue and White tall bearded iris--actually they are dark purple and white. Don't know why the camera recorded them as blue and white. Gift from the janitor at the place where I work.

Lavender edged white iris--another gift from our janitor. These are lovely, but more lavender than the picture shows.

Older light blue/lavender iris--this iris was growing on the property when I bought it over 25 years ago. The bloom and overall plant is slightly smaller and taller than today's more fancy types, but it is the longest blooming iris I have ever grown anywhere.

{{gwi:304873}}

Hope you enjoyed those. I sure love my iris.

Kate

Comments (4)

Sponsored