Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with ID

Posted by brpinson 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 19:06

Years ago (probably 20), someone gave me a start of this iris and I have never known what kind it was. It runs, grows anywhere (and blooms anywhere). I have given it away over the years, moved it, etc...the only thing I have not done is kill it. It gets no fertilizer, water when it rains, grows in the worst soil in my yard (when I moved it to a good spot, it took over!), and has never failed to bloom. Right now, it is coming into bloom again and several people have asked me what kind of iris it is...and I still don't know. I live in zone 8b in South Carolina if that helps. The color is the truest blue of any iris I have. I thought perhaps some of you iris experts could help..I'm pretty sure it's common as can be, but I have never seen it anyone else's yard in this area. Thanks in advance-Barb
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with ID

Lovely Louisiana (a beardless type). It might be Sinfonietta.

o
RE: Need help with ID

Yes, I'm sure that's it after googling it and seeing other pics. Thanks so much Iris Gal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here