Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain and Wind, But probably the Best They'll Be

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 21, 11 at 20:27

We had a storm with a lot of wind. I had to stake a few of them, but they are looking good:

Photobucket

Photobucket has changed again and is not as user friendly as before the change to me.

Blues aand Purples:
Photobucket'
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain and Wind, But probably the Best They'll Be

Those rich purples ones are outrageously gorgeous!!! My favor color these days.

o

Beautiful! Thanks for the photos- they are lovely.
Renee

o

Beautiful!!!

o

Both groups are stunning but the blues and purples are my favorites. Yummy :-))

o

They look beautiful, especially for having gone through a storm. My poor iris are having a rough time, if I'm not snapping off their buds accidentally, then a storm comes through and takes off a bud :( Don't you know it is always the new ones?
I really love those deep colors in the 2nd picture, they really set off the picture.

o

Thank you for looking...I find I love them even though they are a lot of work in Alabama to prevent rot. A lot of you have commented on the purples and blues...I usually love pink flower, and I love the pink iris too, but bright really gets me and there are such bright colors in iris. I do love them.

ngraham,
it's always the new ones since you have on or maybe two scapes.

Renee, I messed up in an earlier posting the picture is of an iris you commented on...Mutabalis is a rose. The iris in question is Monmartre. Keppel. Sorry
kay

o

Your irises are so stunning! Really, really beautiful gardens! You should be proud!
Jason

o

Thanks for the name correction. Loved that iris.

I know some people think all iris colors go together but your second pic. shows what can be done! Super grouping.
That deep violet in the rear adds the perfect note. Do we know its name?

o

iris _gal, You are welcome. I don't know where my mind was hiding. As for the deep volet, It's name is Sultry Mood...the darker one is Night Ruler...and the grouping, although I thank you for thinking it was planned...total happy accident. Of course being a purple freak, it isn't a total surprise, but they were planted according to anticipated height and bloom time with no regard to color.

Jason ,you are too kind. The word is obsessed. I've even had a co-worker hint I might need a 12-step-plan in regard to gardening. Ha!

kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here