Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
corkscrew

Posted by mrtoad 7b NC (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 20, 10 at 20:35

i have an iris with three stalks getting ready to bloom - but one of the stalks is growing like a corkscrew - really weird -

what could be the problem here

thanks - mr toad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: corkscrew

Mr. Toad, how is your beautiful potager looking this spring?

I have some irises that do that occasionally too. I thought it was thrips, then I thought it was a genetic issue since the same iris (Ecstatic Echo) did that at my mom's too. It may have been too much heat in that case.

I imagine that severe ups and downs in weather temperature might cause the plant to take up too much water, then stop, etc. and cause the corkscrewing, but perhaps someone else will have a better suggestion.
Renee

o
RE: potager

miss renee

thanks for the information - the potager is almost finished - one brick path to west side - remove center lature and add small bubbly fountain - this year my attention will move to year round gardening my little garden - many photos and maybe a web site

toad

o

YES! I'll be looking for it.
Renee

o
RE: corkscrew - wow

this is odd

the iris stalk/stem is almost straight -

maybe a few days ago it had (unknown to me) a night out on the town - my village just voted in wine sales a few months ago

toad

o

Heh heh! Maybe you had a night out on the town a few days ago!
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here