Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluebonnet338

Lavender and Peach/Pink Iris - can anyone identity?

bluebonnet338
9 years ago

I had a new iris bloom this year and did not match the bulb I thought I planted in this location. I like the colors of it and I was wondering if anyone knew its name.

Here is a link that might be useful: Unidentified Lavender and Peach/Pink Iris

This post was edited by bluebonnet338 on Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 20:55

Comments (9)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

This is a toughie. More close-ups may help. Did you buy this and from whom? Purchase price might help narrow the field. If given to you how many years had the person owned it?

I can see there is light bounce on the falls which my camera does also. Try shooting it at different times to get the most accurate color. Does looks like there's a fair amount of contrast between the standards & falls.

I'll go thru my files. It's one of my favorite combos.

• bluebonnet338
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for looking at the pic. It was not an expensive bulb - purchased it at Lowe's or Home Depot a couple of years ago. It is no longer blooming so I can not get a better pic from this year. But, here is a pic from last year that is a little closer.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

More beautiful. Almost looks like a different iris. It's gorgeous!
    I do believe it is 'Celebration Song'. Does that ring a bell? It won the Dykes Medal in 2004 and became widely available. So that fits with Lowe's or Home Depot.

Here are the names before closeup pic. I am very dubious about them now.
    Bon Appetit - aitken'06, HM09
    Boudoir - ghio'97
    Danseur Mondain - bersillon'11
    Discovered Treasure - B.orng, johnson'05
    French Cancan - B.fat orng, pinky hafts, cayeux'02
    Genuflect - B.orng, ghio'01
    Mild Manners - ghio'01
    Mousquetaire vy pale pnk over dk lav, B.bright orn
    My Ginny - B.orng, lg fall area vy light, spoon'00, HM'02

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I'm betting Celebration Song, I've seen it for sale before at Lowes.

• bluebonnet338
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the help in identification. I saved all the tags from the irises that I bought and "Celebration Song" is not one of them. But, it sure does look close to it. Since I am new to growing irises, I buy them at the end of the season sales at Home Depot and Lowe's so I can "practice" on less expensive bulbs. I have gotten some blooms that do not match the packages but they are still very pretty. I am just happy when I get them to bloom!

This post was edited by bluebonnet338 on Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 0:13

• littlebit_gw
    9 years ago

Bluebonnet..Please find you a reputable iris seller..Lowes,Home Dept and other big box stores are famous for selling the wrong irises. You can find some sellers that sell their older stock at very reasonable prices.
    Or look up your local Iris Society, they usually hold sales from the club members gardens. They are often reasonable priced also.

littlebit

• aquawise
    9 years ago

List the names on the tags for us! There are many in this color combo!

This post was edited by aquawise on Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 23:56

• aquawise
    9 years ago

Here is my Celebration Song

This post was edited by aquawise on Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 23:57

• aquawise
    9 years ago

Here is Venita Fay

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?