Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More blooms

Posted by ngraham z6 KY (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 21:07

Some iris that are blooming today
Dangerous Mood, I love the dark/light combo on this one. The dark falls are much darker & richer than they look in this photo
Photobucket

Crackling Cauldera on the right with Backdraft. The orange iris just glows
Tumulo Sunset& BAckdraft

This is Fireside Glow, a wonderful color but so tall & weak stemmed, it always flops over. If I keep it, I'll have to remember to stake it next year.
Fireside Glow

Vigilante, new to me & I can see it will be a favorite
Vigilante

Dream Lover
Dream Lover

Pass the Wine
Pass the Wine

Surfers Dream, a beautiful iris
Surfer's Dream

Noid purple
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More blooms

Very beautiful iris Nancy! My Aunt Bernice grew 'Pass The Wine' and it was one of her favorites and mine too. Hardy in zone 3.
She was very protective of her collection and grew them behind her house. Sad to say she was vulnerable to Iris thieves. Yes, even 60 years ago.
I don't believe 'they' knew what kind of flower it was, but recognize the beauty. Judy

o

Lovely iris. I especially like Crackling Cauldron and Vigilante. Very beautiful!
kay

o

Another batch of lovely blooms. My Dangerous Mood is much more Blue toned than yours looks in your picture. Some iris flowers are larger but Dangerous Mood is always very stiking. I have to say Surfers Dream looks best to me of this bach of blooms.

o

Judy, I moved Pass the Wine last year & when it bloomed, it threw me for a bit :) Of course, it lost its tag in the move. It really is a cute iris, I can understand why someone would want it. I hear all the time about plant thieves, hateful that they should be out there.
Thanks Kay, they are new to me & I love them. But you know how I am, I love every one of my iris :)
Rita, I think the way my camera took the picture makes Dangerous Mood a little off in color, although it doesn't look quite the color in pictures I found on line though. Someone on this forum said to change the setting, but I haven't bothered to figure out yet what the abbreviations are on my camera. One of those things I need to read my manual. I'll do it one of these days. I've even double check the tag though, & on this one I have not 1, but 2 tags saying it is Dangerous mood. Of course, those garden gnomes....actually, I'm confident it is correct. Possibly the odd weather. It is really lovely though, really draws the eye to it.

o

Beautiful pictures. Dream Lover is especially pretty to me.

o

Vigilante is a spectacular flower. I love ruffles.
I haven't learned my camera either.
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here