Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19702054

Mark's Art

User
12 years ago

I can't find a picture of Mark's Art Iris to compare to the one I have that bloomed for the first time today.

Is this really it??

Thank you for your help. Ann

Comments (9)

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I couldn't find a reference to an iris called 'Mark's Art.' Who did you buy it from? Is it supposed to be a historic iris?
    Renee

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mark's Art is in the wiki of the AIS...description but no picture. I'm kind of new at this but I don't think my Iris fits the description.
    A couple years ago, several months after an Iris sale was over, I was able to look through what was left. The Irises were in sacks and not all individually labeled so with the handling they had been through some must have gotten mixed. I'm not unhappy...I'm just trying to "get all my ducks in a row".

This Iris grows as tall as any of my TBs, has lots & lots of buds but the flower is very small.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I couldn't find it there- I need to get some bifocals!
    Have you tried posting a photo on the HIPS Facebook page? Someone there might be able to confirm it for you. Good luck.
    Renee

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I just joined HIPS yesterday so will check with them.
    From Wiki: 'Mark's Art' (Truman Scarborough, R. 2003). Sdlg. 38-97-G18P. TB, 31" (79 cm), M. S. maroon brown, cream ground; style arms brown; F. yellow maroon on yellow ground, maroon stripes overall, white at end of orange beards; pronounced fragrance. 'Tennessee Woman' X 'Cheating Heart'. Scarborough 2007.
    Thanks for your help!
    Ann

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

No, that is not your iris. The form is wrong for a 2007 intro, not to mention the color. Someone in HIPS may recognize it, though.

Renee

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I've been checking around and think I have Quaker Lady TB...any opinions? Here are some better pictures from today. Ann

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

That does look like Quaker Lady to me. It's a very popular iris.
    Renee

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

That's a looker! Seems to have tobacco standards.
    If so it's quite similar to EVOLUTION, Cayeux'29.

A couple of pics of President Pilkington look similar but dubious about it being a match.

I'm not acquainted with Mark's Art.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Evolution sure looks like my Noid so I started reading about it. HIPS site states "the basis of the leaves are strongly tinged purplish-brown"...I jumped up from the computer and ran outside...no noticeable tinge...maybe a tiny bit at the very bottom but that is all. It is certainly similar but I don't think its Evolution. Thank you for taking the time to help. Ann