Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for iris source.......

Posted by groall 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 1, 10 at 22:42

I'm a retired NW gardener with a lot of space to fill in and like a lot of gardener's, have a limited budget....looking for a source to buy japanese, Siberian and or Louisiana irs......I've looked at the online garden stores but could only afford a few, not nearly what I need.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for iris source.......

Not too many sites lower than Aitkens. Did you check them? Their fall divisions were big enough to divide. Mine were all true to name and each bonus was from my suggested bonus list.

Here is a link that might be useful: https://www.flowerfantasy.net/shop/

o

Another Enabler.....

Thank you for the link. I found varieties I was going to order elsewhere but will save $10 ordering here (now I just have to refrain from spending that $10 on some other variety...opps too late found a few more that I must have!)

o

Ensata gardens has some package deals where they pick the varieties you receive (they are all labeled and from the catalog). I was very happy with the plants they sent me.

Chad

o

The packages can be a great deal but I want what I want. LOL

I'd like to sat that i think that I have at least one of every color but I know that is not true. This years orders are SDB/MDB and TB. I want more but I don't have room.

o

I ordered my irises from Wild Iris Rows. They are sort of local to me, but not local enough that I can just pop over there, so I did mail order.

I left a GLOWING review about them on DG. The rhizomes they sent were huge and healthy. It was two years ago that I ordered, and all have done extremely well. The owner, Greg Hester, is a great guy to deal with, very responsive to emails and patient with any and all questions.

The one down side is that you have to pay by check or money order (no online ordering). But the prices and quality more than make up for it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wild Iris Rows

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here