Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green and Gifted for Illinois Dog Lover

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 22:56

Here is Green and Gifted. It's an odd color- it opens with lavendar falls here and fades within a day. The branching leaves something to be desired, but I like the funky color.
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green and Gifted for Illinois Dog Lover

Another shot. It looks good when it's backlit.

o

Thank you, It is just beautiful. Love the brown and lavender-purple in it. I particulary love many of the iris most say are rather "ugly". Do you grow and have pictures of Green Eyed Sheba and Green Meadows?I keep searching for ones with green with brown. Hard to find truely green iris. There are a few more but I forgot their names, will have to look them up. Thank you again for posting.

o

Did you see the post on green irises on the AIS Blog? Here's a link- there were two of them.
I don't have pics of the other two.
I love the greenish ones too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Irises How green is my iris

o

Thank you, I went to the link then clicked on Green "It Ain't easy".........oh so many I have to have. Can not even begin to list them in a particular order. Love the greens, chartreuse, olives, brown what have you. So many beautiful sdb seedling I want when they get introduced. Thank you for the link. Now I have even more iris to add to my have to have list. My favorite color choices. Now we need to find turquoise colored, go figure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here