Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Iris pics

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Hi iris buddies,

Here's what has bloomed so far in my garden.

First was Recurring Dream (purply-blue) and Lady Friend.

Northwest Progress.

City Lights.

First time bloom on Telepathy.

First time for Larry Gaulter.

Aaahhhhhh- first time for Peach Royale!

Comments (16)

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

And I forgot this one, a NOID that I thought was Superstition when I dug it from my neighbor's yard. I'll get Superstition this year!

• arilbred
    12 years ago

sweet love the photos

• mrtoad
    12 years ago

so very nice. "telepathy" is so beautiful

mr toad

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Love the 1st pic with Recurring Dream and Lady Friend, those little white daisies just set everything off so well. I admire those every year. Never see anything like it offered around here, must be a California plant :)
    Telepathy is gorgeous, & I like Peach Royale too. Oh, you know me, I love'em all!

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

I love all your pictures. The first picture combo is really nice. What is the name of the small daisy growing around it? It really looks nice with the irises. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for Telepathy, and maybe a few others! Marg

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The little white daisies are annual paludosum daisies that reseed here. I bought a six-pack one year and collected the seed, and I throw it all over every year. I weed out hundreds. They last until mid-May, depending on weather.

• gardenofeden777
    12 years ago

Wow, I'm so glad I have Telepathy on order! Beautiful pics,
    just beautiful! You have done such a wonderful job! Your gardens are gorgeous! Does your Peach Royale have a scent?
    Rena'

• kyme
    12 years ago

I love them all especially Lady Friend and Northwest Progress.
    Martha

• arilbred
    12 years ago
  • hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rena', Peach Royale does have a scent, and it is nowhere near as stinky as most other orange irises. English Charm smells like cat pee. This one is pleasant, but not wonderful. It's a tall iris, and it has that fleshy color I so hate in daylilies, but the falls and the beard save it. The purple lines in the falls are lovely, and the iris looks really impressive when backlit.

Thanks Arilbred. The closest match I have found is Lent A. Williamson, which was extraordinarily popular here and is a real survivor. I call it my "Lent A. Williamson look-alike" because there are others that look similar. I hear Mauna Loa looks like this too.
    Renee

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

is there some way of NOT WANTING every single one for which a picture is posted???

lol

ken

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Good question ken, if you find a way, please let me know :)

• gardenofeden777
    12 years ago

Lol Renee, cat pee! Wow, I read that it has a fragrance but didn't expect that one. I read somewhere that there is on that has the fragrance of chocolate mint. Would you happen to know which one that would be Renee?
    Rena'

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Such gorgeous photos they could be in a magazine! Love that Lady Friend and Telepathy. It's always a bit of a thrill when something blooms for the first time!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rena', Rick Tasco says his SDB Chocolate Swirl smells like chocolate, but not like chocolate mint.
    Renee

• gardenofeden777
    12 years ago

Thanks Renee, (at first I spelled your name like mine since the pronunciation is the same) oops.

Thanks, it was somewhere on this forum I believe but at least a year ago that I read about the chocolate mint scent. I remember the writer said that it was a noid that had been given to them when asked which one smelled like that. I will search and see if I can find the post again. I will bump it if it is worthwhile when I find it again.

I have kind of went wild with my Iris orders this year, lol. I mean really wild. Woohoo more Iris! Love all your posts and pics Renee. Thank you for taking your time to post for us! I bet there are tons of lurkers that are enjoying them too even if they don't post. Rena'

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional