Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordered a few more today

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 0:08

It's those gorgeous online catalogs. I look at the photos and I have to order more! I have no room in the garden for most of them. I'm going to have to plant them at someone else's house or sacrifice the rest of the veggie beds.

Here's what I have ordered this year.
Superstition: Private Eye, Gracious Curves, Queen Empress
Beaumont Ridge: Honey House, Cast of Characters
Napa Country: Freedom Song, Petticoat Shuffle, Recherche, Fiery Temper, Chasing Rainbows, Going Green, Zebra.

I resisted Stop Flirting and Sweetly Sung when I realized they were very similar and looked much like Ruth Black which I ordered last year (hasn't bloomed yet). I also resisted Megglethorpe which will not survive in my climate. It was in my shopping cart three times, though. Fiery Temper and Recherche rebloom. I ordered Going Green, Honey House, and Zebra for particular spots- so there are only nine that I don't actually need...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordered a few more today

Well, you did super Renee! I have a serious pot ghetto going on as I keep buying more when I haven't planted the plants that I already have, egads! You only have 9 extra, you did good amidst all that temptation!

How's this for strength?! I haven't ordered even 1 iris this year Renee! I feel my resolve weakening a wee bit though. lol

Chasing Rainbows I bet is beautiful. I can't wait for my Fiery Temper to bloom. And finally my zebras are growing well. They add such a bright spot to the garden.

I ordered Megglethorpe last year, got 1 bloom about a week ago and it was what I would say is true blue very pretty. I have an extra if you decide you do wanna try it you can have it. It may surprise you and do really well. I love to push zones sometimes you get something to thrive that the nay-sayers say is impossible. Dang it if I didn't get a pic of it. I do have others to post though. Will try & do that soon.

Rena'

o

I only recognize about 1/2 your names. Research time ;-)

Timely Treasure (rosy orchid) opened today. It was in too much shade for about ....... 10 years? Mad it out to the sun! Royal Sunset (gorgeous soft orng-apric climbing rose), Angel Face (mauve rose) and a mauvey breadseed poppy are blooming around it. I need to borrow a camera. Wonderful colors. But the iris is nothing special - an oldie, '79.

o

I am moving some out this year (to a daughter and a friend) but I am going to order a couple...or 5 or 6.

kay

o

Yea, yeah Kay a couple?! Isn't that what we said regarding new daylilies LAST year?! lol Oh well that's o.k. I'm always the one that falls off the bandwagon first. You can come keep me company down here. lol I'm headed to the Daylily forum to see your other posts. Remember don't ask, don't tell (how many daylilies we actually DID buy). rofl

Rena'

o

Rena, it is what i always say and never do. I start looking and bingo! Gotta have that one...and that one. Ah well. I do love my garden.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here