Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iris season over?

Posted by aqrose 7b NE GA (My Page) on
Sat, May 16, 09 at 5:02

I live in NE Georgia and my last iris bloom finished yesterday. I see no more buds. Is that unusual or is around May 15th usually the end of TB iris season for my area?
If not, I'm guessing that I just don't have any late-blooming varieties and would love suggestions on some that would extend the season for me.
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iris season over?

You might be a bit behind me (Zone 8 here), but this is indeed the end of the iris bloom season here. Anything that hasn't bloomed by this point here would be considered quite late. I have a few final blooms left but not many.

Mike in SC

o

I have only two that are budded but haven't opened yet. In addition, I have another 7 or 8 that are still blooming.

In light of all the blooms I've had, I'd say the main season is coming to an end. I do have a couple of rebloomers, and one of them bloomed last year, about 5 weeks after it was planted.

Sad to see them go, isn't it? But the daylilies boom has started!!! Hooray!
kay

o

kay- Did yopu keep track? Did you get the 7-8 weeks of bloom or longer?

o

Rita,

I still have 6 blooming including Edith wolford and Cranberry Ice with their first flowers, so I have now had 6 weeks, and it looks like I'll get 7.

kay

o

Do you start with earlies or early mid? Are there any extra earlies, I wonder? I know there are lots of lates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here