Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

Ebay sellers,,,,

Good Morning!!!

I have limited funds in which to spend on flowers. I'm wanting to add more iris to the garden.I've already traded the few that I could from my small collection. Is there anyone on ebay that you all suggest? or some that you would NOT buy from? Thanks!!

later...April

Comments (26)

• ladylovingdove
    13 years ago

I have bought from "tntigger" several times. She is very nice and sends good rhizomes. Also "raggsnrichs" is a popular seller. Both have great feedback and loyal buyers.

Dot

• ladylovingdove
    13 years ago

Sorry, her name is tn-tigger. Here is a link to her auction.

Dot

http://shop.ebay.com/tn-tigger/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

• weedpicker
    13 years ago

I am a hobby grower that also sells irises on eBay and have heard good things about the two mentioned above. There is another one that I bought from last year that I was pleased with: zanstanton. His bulbs were HUGE - the size of baseballs! He grows them commercially and one day will also be introducing his own irises that he has bred. [Tell him ivy-rose sent you.] The majority of the people's iris sales aren't quite up yet because we all are right in the middle of our bloom season but we will be working hard very soon to start putting them on eBay. Many will be starting at $.99 and you can sometimes get great deals. Hopefully, you don't buy from Bulbmart - lots of people have had problems with him, including me. Good luck.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the info. zanstanton was one of the sellers I was looking at. Now I'm off to look up the other 2.

later...April

• georgia_teacher
    13 years ago

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, buy from the_country_garden. I bought what were supposed to be Caldron and Midnight Oil from her last year. The plants arrived and seemed healthy, so I left her positive feedback. Boy, am I sorry. When they bloomed this year, ALL plants were an historic variety, Blue Shimmer. I noticed she has Midnight Oil for sale again. I tried contacting her to make it right. She ignored several messages, and Ebay won't adress it because the sale was from last September. At any rate, I am pretty gun-shy about Ebay irises now. Just don't be surprised if you don't get what you pay for.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

I see Fogbound and Monaco for $6 each at ebay link above and for $3.50 at BlueJ Iris. If you're on a budget you might stretch your dollar farther by using another source. I've seen iris on ebay go for ridiculous sums so buyer beware.

• denise_z7
    13 years ago

You can tell the_coutry_garden that she is stealing pictures, telling you they are all or almost all rebloomers, list Wearing Rubies with a picture of Cats Eye that was taken from Mid America and report with PROVE to ebay that they all end up being the same iris all historics and they will do nothing..BUYER BEWARE WITH THEM

D

• bigtoad
    13 years ago

crap! too little too late! I just bought $20 worth from the country garden. Wonder what I can do to keep from getting screwed? Any suggestions as I havent posted feedback yet. Also I have lots of pretty noids that I got from an iris collector when I first started and didnt realized they all had names. I might consider sending you some that needed divided for postage.

• bigtoad
    13 years ago

I bought from bluejiris.com a few years ago and when some turned up not true to what I ordered they were very nice a refunded my money. Most are $3-4 and very healthy, Shipping is $10.50 for up to 5 so it is best to order at least 5 to get the best price. Wish I had remembered them before I bought from the country garden...live and learn I guess.

• georgia_teacher
    13 years ago

Sorry, BigToad. While the listing is current, I would ask Ebay what recourse you have should the plants not be true. I got healthy plants, but they were not even close to what I paid for.

• bgaylene52
    13 years ago

Do not buy from the_country_garden OR highland_seeds. Both gardens have sent incorrect iris, refuse to communicate, refuse to replace the irises, AND refuse to refund monies.

Last fall I a brain flit (even though I know to buy from reputable gardens) and ordered from both of the above ebay sellers. A total of 16 iris between them. Only 1 out of the 16 were true to the registered name. Actually, highland_seeds sent what looked to be dutch iris bulbs instead of tall bearded rhizomes. Fraud! I even spent $5 to send the "bulbs" back to them but got no refund.

I too received the blue historic from the other ebay seller!

Ebay will not help since feedback has been left! Been there, done that, won't ever do it again!!!

If you want reputable and competitively priced gardens, please check the American Iris Society site. Another source may be the local iris club and their July-August rhizome sale.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Keep the info coming!!It's very helpful.

bigtoad~sent you an e-mail!

later..April

• dennylynn
    13 years ago

There is a large group of eBay buyers who have purchased from the-country-garden and all received old form purple that were suppose to be different varieties of modern hybrids. We have been contacting each other and would like to do something as a group to stop this seller from scamming iris lovers. We have replies from as far back as 2007. So this has been going on a long time. If we get enough buyers to join in, eBay will be able to see the scope of this problem and may do something about it. My eBay ID is sugar9967 if you would like to contact me and join the club.

• huneybunch_2000
    13 years ago

greenriver_dr @eBay Store: Mystic Lake Gardens is an excellent source for irises also.. She has large rhizhomes and gives lots of bonuses and when she didnt have the the iris I bid on she sent me 3 beauties( up to date ones) in place of the one she ran out of.. I know several people who have ordered from her and have been extremely pleased..

• lindaj_grower
    13 years ago

The-Country-Garden has been reported to the following agencies: Her local sheriff, local sheriff and police of defrauded purchasers, to iC3, the agency who investigates internet fraud, to the IRS, to the Colorado Dept. of Agriculture, to the government for mail fraud.

Dear gardeners, we must STOP expecting eBay to help us. They will not. They sent me a letter today telling me they will not initiate action against a seller, it has to come from law enforecement. In general, profits over years of fraud are possibly in the grand theft range, and we wring our hands because eBay will not help. We have to FORGET ebay and think outside the box. Businesses who will not answer emails, ignore requests for refunds get away with it because we do nothing but get mad. I did something more.

Unscrupulous sellers laugh all the way to the bank with our money gained by fraud. Just the agency we expect to help, eBay, is deaf to our complaints. We have to move outside eBay to seek justice.

One grower wrote the seller in question on Sunday and told her what was up with angry purchasers. She immediately removed all 22 of her listings, in my OPINION, because not one of them is legit. Those old purple I would guess. If you go to the eBay store, you'll find zero listings right now. But this is the FOURTH ID -- the seller will be back under another name. The money is just too good. I intend to stand up against this kind of fraud.

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi! I have been purchasing on Ebay from hisirisgarden. The Headricks. They are wonderful! Have been sending me an invoice in the mail every week since I started buying from them (over 2 months ago). They are a Calif. Lic. Nursery. They are members of HIPS and AIS and guarantee the iris to be true to name or they fix it...FREE (including shipping). There prices are great too. They have alot of Buy It Now Auctions and if you purchase 1 iris and pay for shipping any other iris you buy ships for only .25 cents more.

I have also purchased some from Blue J iris on there website. They are also great. Last years are all true to name. This year I have almost tripled my order and they sent me an email about all the Free extras I will be receiving.

I agree that you have to be careful on ebay, but I usually shop with high feedback numbers or powersellers with good feedback numbers.

And I must admit that I have sold some of my extra iris' that I was thinning on ebay. But the pics did come from my garden and I did have the name of the iris...

Sorry! I must have taken the off-ramp on my train of thought...:0)

• dennylynn
    13 years ago

Buying from iris sellers on eBay with highly rated feedback, doesn't always mean you are going to get an honest seller. I bought 12 different named hybrid irises from the-country-garden on eBay because this seller had great feedback and has an eBay "TOP SELLER" rating. This seller shipped fast, answered my questions quickly, and the rhizomes arrived nicely packaged and labeled in individual brown paper bags. The seller even sent me a BONUS-Starship Enterprise iris. But when they all bloomed the following year, they were all common old fashioned purple. I am hearing the exact same story from dozens of other buyers that purchased from the-country-garden. They all say that they gave positive feedback to this seller based on the transaction--up front. But, a year later, when they realized they have been scammed, they cannot go back to give negative feedback, because it is too late. This leaves the-country-garden with a high feedback score to entice other unsuspecting buyers to purchase from her. The recommendations of honest sellers that have been mentioned above are all good. I have also purchased from hisirisgarden.com and hisirisgarden on eBay, tn-tigger on eBay, and at bluejiris.com. They are all licensed growers/breeders and are very reliable.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

There have been other threads the past 2 years covering The-country-garden located in CO.

One could plainly see that at that time, according to the feedback, that they had been BUYING huge 'lots' of mics or plain old purple...I thought it was pretty clear at the time that they were buying up a bunch of no id CRAP and then peddling it as named varieties. In reading their feedback, they were shipping iris rhizomes nearly year round.

They are crooks and I certainly hope that they are prosecuted. It is hard telling how much they have profited over the years peddling their crap and passing it off as the real thing.

Maybe others who have been burned would like to post to her review thread...thank you Georgia for starting one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vendor review for the_country _garden

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Well, I just went to ebay and looked up
    the-country-garden. I had to know what all the hub was about. And they have nothing listed right now. But they have a "private" block on feedback. You can't look at any of it. I didn't even know you could do that? And I am shocked that they are a power seller. I have lost some faith in ebay over that one. I have put them on my ebay blocked list, so I remember never to deal with them. I have enough NOID purple iris without them adding to it.

• georgia_teacher
    13 years ago

FG, it is curious, isn't it? I notice that the negative feedback is starting to add up on her though. Perhaps, the word is getting out. I started a thread in the forums on Ebay about her, and at least one other person has posted being the same boat.

• dennylynn
    13 years ago

I posted a much more detailed explaination of what is going on with this seller on georgia teacher's thread. Thanks for the tip chemocurl!

• lindaj_grower
    13 years ago

bgaylene52, I sent you an email! ;-)

• islander_mi
    13 years ago

I saw 35 pages of irises at this guy's store on Ebay. Amazing variety. Was wondering if anyone here had bought from them.
    http://stores.ebay.com/williamsonfarmflowers_Bearded-Iris_W0QQLHQ5fBINZ1QQ_fsubZ2QQ_sidZ122354829QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em309

• tabarhodes
    13 years ago

I have bought iris from hisirisgarden as well, and all of them have been great!! I highly recommmend them!

• iris_nut
    13 years ago

Ebay is fine, but don't forget to look for your local Iris Society who may be having summer or fall sales. Here in Las Cruces the local society prices begin at $2 and there is no postage.

Kristee

• georgia_teacher
    13 years ago

I got an email this week from an agent at the California Department of Agriculture. Apparently, they are getting involved to shut the-country-garden down. The last time I checked Ebay, she had pulled her profile, so all the negative publicity must be working. I hope the authorities take this to the fullest extent of the law so that she cannot reopen under another name as she has in the past.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!