Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: Light yellow iris

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 8:09

I have been looking for a good light yellow iris. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: Light yellow iris

Spartan and total recall are very nice light yellow.

o

Depends if you like new frilly ruffly, do you like it mixed with some white, or do you like the older historic (tailored falls are more vertical),
My favorite modern is Abbey Road which is very graceful. Another nice modern is Italian Ice.
for historics Amandine is very pretty and more ruffly than most historics. Buttered Popcorn is unique in that it looks like popcorn with some butter drizzled on it.

o

Total Recall is a rebloomer and might get frost bite where you live. It also has pinched falls, which I like, but many people don't.
There are a number of them that have a brighter yellow with white, as njiris says, and the garden effect is light yellow.

o

Thanks for suggestions. I ordered Dream Team. Personally, I think a lot of the newer iris are too frilly and ruffly.

o

Lemon Mist-old but beautiful

o

Here is Harvest of Memories. Big blooms, fast to clump, and very tall and reblooms in October.

o

I wish I'd bought 'Heritage Lace' instead of 'Lemon Mist'.

I also bought 'Sarah's Laughter' for its lighter yellow color to combine with lavenders. Oldie ('88) and smaller flower. Never rebloomed for me (what else is new).

'Italian Ice' wowed me with its pictures.

o

Sorry I meant Saxon not Spartan!! Me bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here