Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
queenbee_1_gw

Best deep purple TB iris??

queenbee_1
13 years ago

I am looking for a really deep purple TB but not black iris. I want to use it in a bed-- around a bright white bird house.. It will have five Gene Boerner roses in there. Thanks for any suggestions, pictures, ideas..QB

Comments (6)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

There are no truly black ones , imho, anyway as most will have a purple or some other cast to them.

depending on how many you might want/need I may have some NO ID ones that might suit you.

I have this NO ID #7

and NO ID #9

If interested, I do require postage up front, and must warn that after postage is received that I may take up to 1 month for find the nonexistent spare time to dig, package, and mail them. I also require a member to have a member page email link too...for my convenience.

lmk if you might be interested.

Sue...aka chemocurl

• queenbee_1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, what a great offer-- #9 is what I am looking for. and time is no problem.. better if I get them in the fall. but I don't have a member's page.. thanks anyway....

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

In your zone do the roses bloom simultaneously with tall beardeds? The iris precede here.

If you don't take Chemocurl's offer there are 2 popular deep purples named Titan's Glory & Dusky Challenger.

13 years ago

... but I don't have a member's page..
    Sure you have a Member Page here at Garden Web, everyone does...see the link in your post that says My Page?
    If you click on 'my' page, you will see there is an email link on it, so I can easily be reached.

Here are instructions for getting your Member Page email link set up.
    addressing newbie and newer member issues. Lots of folks on the Exchanges don't have a link, so I wrote up the instructions on getting it set up.

better if I get them in the fall.
    Anytime after the first of July works well for me.

Do you know about how many fans you would be wanting/needing? I'm going to be shovel pruning several irises, (and sending them out for postage)and that is one I aimed to dig and just keep a couple fans of. I got that iris from my very first GW trade. It came from a member in Canada and took 2 weeks to arrive. I wasn't aware it wasn't wise, for a number of reasons to trade stuff out of the country. I think of that member every time I see that iris because my personal name for it is Mel's iris, as that was the member's name.

Sue

• queenbee_1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK! I have my member's page updated. I don't know how many fans I need/want-- the area for iris is about 4'x4'. What do you think? On your time--when ever you can.. Just let me know what the cost of shipping/handling will be and I'll send you a money order..IF that's ok w/ you..Sue--. Thank you...

13 years ago

OK! I have my member's page updated.
    Good job! Now you are all set.

I don't know how many fans I need/want-- the area for iris is about 4'x4'. What do you think?
    hmmm...I'm not sure since they are all the same color and won't need to be kept separated. Maybe someone else a bit more knowledgable than I am will reply with a suggested amount. These would likely be the mother rhizome with the daughters attached on each side.

What would anyone suggest to make a nice display next year without them getting too crowded too soon?

Just let me know what the cost of shipping/handling will be
    No handling (GW frowns on that...lol) so it would just be the actual cost. I usually ask that folks send more than might be needed (like enough to cover 3 LB instead of just 2) and then if there is any overage I just drop it in the box before mailing. I have a digital postal scale so I can judge if paying by the LB, or going with a Flat Rate Box is the most economical.

and I'll send you a money order.
    Money order or postage stamps or cash is fine. There is little advantage, imho, of a MO, because if it was lost or stolen, it would cost more to stop payment than what it would be worth. I don't know about costs to see if it was ever cashed or where it was cashed.

Sue

Sponsored