Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

New iris blooms

Nancy
12 years ago

I don't have many iris that haven't bloomed now. Here are some new ones

So Fine with Gypsy Romance, I love both of these, nice large flowers & rich color

{{gwi:1019787}}

Surfer's Dream, I just love this one. Nice ruffley flower Rita!

{{gwi:1019790}}

Sunset Storm, frankly it photographs much darker than it really is, it doesn't look much like this in person. Big flower.

{{gwi:1019794}}

Good Looking

{{gwi:1019796}}

Rare Treat

{{gwi:1019798}}

I can't grow roses, but I like the rose look of this dianthus

{{gwi:1019799}}

Comments (6)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Great color como on those iris in the first picture, they go together so well.

Surfer's Dream looks just like the picture they have up on the Rockytop website and very pretty in both pictures. Actually, your picture of Sunset Storm looks very much exactly like their picture. Unfortunately I don't like the color combo at all. If mine looks like that (and I bet it will) it's going to leave here very quickly.

Like you other blooms too.

• Nancy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rita, I love Surfer's Dream. The shape, the color is just perfect. To tell the truth, I'm not keen on Sunset Storm. The picture is actually much better than what you see in person. It is really more washed out, more that "green" muddy color I really don't like.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Surfer's Dream is exactly the kind of iris I like, lots of ruffles and great shape. Sunset Storm is one they sent me lots of as a bonus, I would never have ordered that color combo. I guess they had lots of it leftover to send as free gifts. I plant stuff even if I didn't order it because sometimes things bloom and I am pleasantly surprised. But anything that blooms this spring that I don't like will leave and I will replace it with something new from Schreiners. I plan to order from Schreiners as soon as my blooms are finished because I have no more room and will be replacing ones that I do not like and some that rotted and some that just will not grow. By replaceing I mean buying something new, not getting the same thing.

Its also possible I will order from Rockytop again but I have to wait and see. I ordered the first time as I just fell in love with the colors and ruffles of their iris. But many seem to have flairing falls and I am going to have to see them bloom for myself before I decide how I feel about flaring falls. I like the falls to go downword, not out.

My favorite from what I can see from the pictures of the 2011 intros is the Nicodemus intro Jericho Springs. Love the color combo but again, see the flairing falls in their picture.

Hey, just do what I do, just toss any iris that you don't like and plant new ones.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I love Gypsy Romance and So fine! Gorgeous. No that they aren't all very pretty, because they are, but you know me and the brights and Jewel tones. Gypsy romance is one of my all time favorites.
    kay

• Nancy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah, this one may go. A friend came over yesterday, I think she likes it, so it may go to her.
    I think GR & SF look pretty good together, I'm thinking of moving Good Looking over with them. I have about decided, may have mentioned this already, keeping all my bright ones in the front yard, & making a pastel bed in the back. The pastels just get lost against the brighter ones anyway. I do like pastels, but I'm thinking they need their own space.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

My iris are all just jumbled together willy nilly. I don't have a planting plan.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?