Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sussgirl_gw

White blue iris

sussgirl
14 years ago

Hi. I have troble choosing a blue white iris. I have this irises to choose from, which will you recommend me to buy?

Marbre Bleuw, Parisien,Alizes or Conjuration.

Growing habits and they flower habits.

Hopes for many answers =).

Sincerely Susanne

Comments (10)

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Conjuration is top notch.

• carlos42180
    14 years ago

Greetings,

When you say "blue white," do you mean a white iris with a blue cast or an iris with both blue and white? Here are some of my suggestions. All are very vigorous where I live.

BLUE CHIFFON
    {{gwi:1010433}}

BROOK FLOWER
    {{gwi:1010439}}

CASCADE SPRINGS
    {{gwi:1020247}}

CELESTE
    {{gwi:1010409}}

FUJI'S MANTLE
    {{gwi:1010397}}

NEWPORT
    FUJI'S MANTLE
    {{gwi:1010324}}

PREMIER EDITION
    {{gwi:1020248}}

WHOLE CLOTH
    {{gwi:1010250}}

• eroctuse2
    14 years ago

I agree, 'Conjuration' is a grower and a shower (witnessed in quite a few gardens). I fell for 'Brook Flower' at first glance in a friend's garden, too, but now I'm waiting for mine to bloom.

I'm sorry that I'm not familiar with the other varieties you mentioned, Susanne. I'd like to be more help.

• sussgirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi! I mean both blue and white like skylark´s song and conjuration.
    Maybe i should try conjuration again and hope it grow better this time.

/Susanne

• kprp
    14 years ago

Conjuration is worth trying again. I love it because:

1) It's a late bloomer, way late, therefore extending the season of TB's

2) The flowers are small (but bright!) and it seldom needs staking

3) It's been a pretty good bloomer for me, consdiering that I've got it in an area that is not fuun sun.

4) It's increase has been decent.

• carlos42180
    14 years ago

If you're looking for white and blue, then I would NOT suggest Conjuration...as it is PURPLE and white. But if that's what you want, then go for it.

Carlos

• Nancy
    14 years ago

October Sky is a pretty blue & white iris, it does well for me.

• organic_tosca
    14 years ago

Take a look at "Over Alaska" on the Schreiner's website (www.schreinersgardens.com). It is quite gorgeous, with deep-dark-blue falls and the upper petals are "white" (actually with a faint cast of blue) with the darker blue sort of bleeding up from the falls into the heart of the uppers. I got it last September - along with four other colors, all lovely - and it bloomed beautifully about the middle of March or early April. A very robust iris, with big, sturdy foliage and a big sturdy flower stalk (and, needless to say, a big sturdy flower).
    I am a complete beginner with iris, but all five of my plants bloomed gorgeously. They were not all on the same schedule, so the last one (Grape Jelly) is blooming now. It's true that some of the plants were stronger and more robust than others, but they all were beautiful. I was so pleased!
    BTW, the others were "Bel Esprit", "Beverly Sills", and "Dreaming of Rio" (a bonus that they sent with my order of the other four).

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

I have been thinking about trying "Clarence". I saw a clump shot of it, and it really popped. It's also a rebloomer. I also love "Daughter of Stars" but I'm not sure it's really blue now, since I saw it on Schreiner's website. "World Premier" is striking up close, but it did not really show up well in my mixed border. Schreiner's sent out a bonus called "Blueberry Bliss" which I gave to my mom, and my gosh, this year that thing went bonkers and I can tell you it glowed better than a black light! It is really a purply-blue, though, not a blue-blue.

Thanks all for the comments on Conjuration. It has been on my wish list for quite a while.
    Renee

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Guess what! There is no BLUE as yet. I mean forget-me-not blue or delphinium blue. If you see a pic portraying those shades it's the camera's inability to catch the red pigment.

However, if you put a 'blue' bearded iris next to a lavender, it looks 'blue'. That's what is being referred to when a TB is called 'blue'.

Sponsored