Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starship Enterprise

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, May 11, 09 at 11:04

I have been looking for this iris for a few years. Everytime I found someone who had it they were sold out. I finally found a grower here who had it and emailed him to order it. He told me that it had died on him several times over the past few years (not the same plant) and he now considered it a warm zone plant and he wouldn't offer it for sale anymore. I was wondering if anyone in the colder zones had it and how it performed for you? If he is not going to sell it anymore, I may have to order on line from Schreiner's. I like the colors on this one and think it would still be a good choice. It would still be interesting to find out the hardiness and performance of this iris. thanks for any help. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starship Enterprise

• Posted by kprp 6 or 6a ? (My Page) on
    Mon, May 11, 09 at 12:25

I am in St. Louis and warmer than you.

My experience with STarship Enterprise is on again, off again.

In the last iteration I planted it carefully (full sun, good spacing, decent soil)and it bloomed pretty well last year for a one year old plant.

This year there are a few buds so I think it is ok, HOWEVEr, I've got a huge leaf spot problem in that seciton of the garden so if it is weak this year, it's not the fault of he plant.

It's a stunner, though.

o
RE: Starship Enterprise

Hi!
I plant this iris last year - bougth from Cayeux and it has survived this cold winter here in Sweden. So i hope to see it bloom this year.Love the colors in photos i seen.

/Susanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here