Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ivan21_gw

Help with a few ID's

Ivan21
10 years ago

If anyone has a clue to any of the following irises I would be very happy.

I got this one as an extra from a nursery here in Slovenia. They didn't give me any name, but I checked their catalogue the only similar looking was "Blue Shimmer" however I think this is not it, as mine is more ruffled.

I posted a picture of this one in a previous post. It is a good grower, long lasting flowers. Probably an older variety?

This one is too probably an older iris? When it first opens it is really dark and velvety and turns to the shade on the photo after some sunlight exposure.

I don't know anything about this one besides getting it from a neighbor who got it from an old aunt of hers.

This last one is kind of similar to the iris "Wabash", but as you can see the crest has that specific speck of purple and they just don't match.

I suspect all of them to be probably older varieties since Irises are not such a popular plant here in Slovenia and there are not many new ones to be found (we have just one commercial hybridizer in the whole country and even his crosses are probably not registered with the AIS).

Thank you very much for any answers.

Ivan

Comments (5)