Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uroboros5

Favorite irises

uroboros5
14 years ago

My favorite is Bold Fashion for flower size (the largest in my garden by far) and coloring.

What's YOURS?

Comments (21)

• alisande
    14 years ago

Your Bold Fashion is gorgeous!

One? We're supposed to pick just one? Good luck with that. :-)

Here are three that I especially look forward to seeing:

Screenplay - great substance!

Sweet Orange Spice - great fragrance!

Perfect Pitch - great everything!

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Your Bold Fashion would run a close one with Sheer Elegace Elegance, For some reason I didn't take it alone, but have it in this group shot and another.

Is is my absolute favorit, gorgeous color, large blooms long bloom time. What'a not to like?
    kay

• summermusicz4ia
    14 years ago

Beautiful blooms! Organic Kitten...what is the yellow/blue (left rear) and the dark blue (right rear)?
    Marlene

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Uroboros- Bold Fashion is indeed stunning, especially since you have a nice clump of it.

kay- You can post group shot pictures over and over again as far as I am concerned. I just absolutely love them. In fact it added to my iris addiction when you first posted this spring because shortly after I had to get organized and order my own iris.

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

My favorite iris? Well, now it's Bold Fashion.

Renee

• mareas
    14 years ago

I can't decide on just one!
    Here are thumbnails of 3 of my current favorites:

Fine Wine

Lovely Senorita

Sultan's Pride

• madeyna
    14 years ago

Mine is Baltic.

• Cindy zone 6a
    14 years ago

I lurk on this forum all the time, never posted, but since you asked!! My all time fav is Edith Wolford, love the contrast of color, Other favorites besides some of the standard ones, are Wench and Megabucks, new last year for me.
    Cindy ( AWOL from daylily forum )
    This is Edith Wolford
    {{gwi:1020725}}
    Megabucks
    {{gwi:1020728}}
    Wench
    {{gwi:1020730}}

• gmason
    14 years ago

Dusky Challenger. The nearest thing I have seen to the perfect iris.

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

mareas - I love all three of your choices. LOVELY SENORITA is on my must have list already and whenever I see another picture I just know I have it have it.

gmason- Love you picture of Dusky Challenger. Its so striking.

Cindy- If your AWOL from the daylily forum, then so am I. I have been checking this iris forum quite regularly since I got interested in iris this spring. I wish it had more traffic as it seems to be so much slower moving than our daylily forum. Surprises me really as I know iris are popular plants, With bloom season done more south and just going north now, I would think there would be lots going on and many pictures posted. But not so. Oh well.

• ladypat1
    14 years ago

My favorites change every year. I think this one is Armagaddon.

This one sure looks like Dusky Challenger, but I'm not sure.

This one is Laced Cotton.

• alisande
    14 years ago

Oooh, Laced Cotton tempts me every year in the catalogs.

Lots of beautiful blooms in this thread!

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

In my garden, I think the prettiest iris is Cajun Rhythm, but the best plant is Total Recall. I just love this iris.

Cajun Rhythm in the foreground, Total Recall in the back:

Total Recall. Blooms April to November in Socal.

Renee

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Sorry summermusic, I just saw your questions. The yellow/blue is Jurrassic Park, and the deep purple is Titan's Glory.

kay

• aunt_lou
    14 years ago

Sea Power! Love, love, love it!!!! Wish I could do the pic posting to show it off. This is it's first year for me and I can't wait until it forms into a big clump.

I love all of these pics! Beautiful! The Edith Wolford pic gives me a bit of sadness though. I purchased what I thought was---and was tagged as Edith Wolford -----and it has bloomed now and is---Crowned Heads! It is very pretty ---but I so wanted that color combo of Edith W.. :(

• kprp
    14 years ago

My enduring favorite is Kevin's Theme because I love the pastel coloring and it is such a strong grower.

Thanks for the photo of Total Recall, that's the rebloomer I've got and I didn't remember the nmae, but that name rings a bell, I know that I've purchased it. It's a strong rebloomer here in the midwest.

Edith Wolford--enh. She shows up once in a while, when she feels like it. I just think she is rude. She gets the same treatment as all of the other iris here and yet, she barely graces me with her presence of a bloom. Picky picky she is...

Sea Power is one awesome flower when things are going right. Last year my Sea Power was unbelievably gorgeous. This year I had severe leaf spot in that part of the garden and the blooms were stunted.

• kprp
    14 years ago

That' Bold Fashion is really pretty! IT reminded me of two of my favorites with similar names, and I couldn't think of thme immediatley, but now they are:

Bold Vision

and a new one for me, an SCB, Bold Statement.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1020706}}

• kprp
    14 years ago

Here's a web photo of sea power

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1020706}}

• carlos42180
    14 years ago

Sorry, I can't pick one. So just pick from one of these and you can say its my favorite.

{{gwi:1020741}}

{{gwi:1020743}}

{{gwi:1020745}}

{{gwi:1020884}}

{{gwi:1020885}}

{{gwi:1020886}}

And people say historics are boring...HA!

• Cindy zone 6a
    14 years ago

Nice, nice pics, Love the groupings. The Lupine in the middle gives me a great idea!! I have a new bed ready and already ordered from Schreiners, I'm gonna put Lupine in the middle!!! : ) Thanks Cindy

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Thanks Carlos!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!