Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are these LA Iris?

Posted by penelope Z6 KY (My Page) on
Sat, May 22, 10 at 12:05

I've waited 2-3 years for these to bloom. I think that I got them in trades or from friend, so that's no help.

This is a little darker than the pic shows: Fucshia Iris:
Photobucket

Blue #1 in BF Garden:
Blue in Tie Gar

Blue # 2 in Tie Garden: (Is this the same as Blue #1?)
Blue in Tie Gar

Light Blue in WS Garden:(I can get a better pic of this today)
Lt. Blue in WS Gard
And a closeup of the first flower:
Lt Blue in WS CU

Thanks for any help you can give,
Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are these LA Iris?

The top pink & blue look like Louisianas. I've never seen a veined one like the bottom pic tho. Nice. Does its foliage match the others?

o
Additional Info

I don't think that #3(the veined one) is as tall. I'll go measure. I was looking on the internet and found Iris virginica (Southern Blue Flag) Does #3 look anything like that?
Penny

o

Sure looks like the photo by Dennis Kramb! Thanks for the id.

I was trying to find your fuchsia one and came up with these names:
Chuck (one photo at Daves looked more burgandy but all else looks very close)
Delta Honey (at Andiris - petals look fuller)
Freddie Boy (at Daves - styles look too green)
Wheelhorse (at iriscity - styles not as pink)
Red Echo & Red Dazzler - (darker fall cnt stripe)

o
More info

iris gal -
I checked all the ones you mentioned above. While I was at Iris City Gardens - I saw I. nelsonii. What do you think. The color in my picture is a lot more fuschia than it should be.

BTW: Should I tell you that I'm planning a trip to ICG in the next few weeks. It's not that far form me.

Penny

o
Even more info

This fuchsia iris is located where it receives the rainwater that runs off of pine needles that are on the ground. What effect could that have, if any, to the color?
Penny

o

I nelsonii looks dead on to me also.

I don't have any of these species but my beardeds' colors are most affected by weather. Some cultivars more than others.

The biggest color problem is the camera. Should have made that plural. The computer monitor too. Pics look so much better on my desktop monitor :-)

You have some treasures there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here