Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tuesday's Iris Pictures

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 12:05

Today we have lots of purple with EVENING DRAMA, EVENING TIDINGS and VISITING ROYALTY.

Photobucket

Evening Drama

Photobucket

Evening Tidings

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Visiting Royalty

Visiting Royality is one that did not bloom for me last year so I was extra pleased to see the lovely blooms this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tuesday's Iris Pictures

• Posted by chadinlg zone 9%3B Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 17, 11 at 12:13

Visiting Royalty is like the "more blue" version of Romantic Evening. I like flowers where the color saturation fades at the edge as in Evening Tidings... lots of more buds and such clean foliage :)

o
RE: Visiting Royalty

I really like Visiting Royalty. I love the deep color saturation on it. The purple on the falls is so dark. It was worth the wait from last years no blooms to have these lovelies now.

o

Lovely!

o

Visiting Royalty is just gorgeous, love the rich color with the orange beard

o

Wow, Visiting Royalty is stunning but all three are pretty!
Jason

o

They are beautiful, Rita! Nothing like a much awaited bloom. Visiting Royalty is a beauty, but I really like Evening Drama too. In fact, they are all my colors.
kay

o

Visiting Royality was my own personal favorite of todays blooms, I just love its color.

Kay, I knew you would like these as they are purple and I know you love purple iris.

o

Yes indeed. I may have spaces for 10 new iris this year, and while casually looking through the iris websites, I have already have 58 that I am looking at. Now you know I can't do that again this year. But you also know I ill buy too many!

And you enabler you. Mine aren't blooming anymore (well maby 4 or 5) so of course I'm looking carefully...and Prague is on my gotta have it list!
kay

o

I love the second one- with the washed falls. Evening Tidings. Very pretty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here