Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Iris Blooms of the Year.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sat, May 14, 11 at 12:52

My first iris to bloom last year was SPOT STARTER a bonus I received from Schreiners and it is the first again today. But it does have some company. Hurray, TB iris season is underway.

Photobucket

Spot Starter

Photobucket

Clump view of SPOT STARTER.

Photobucket

This one is OPEN YOUR HEART a bonus iris from Rockytop Iris.

Photobucket

Looking down view on OPEN YOUR HEART.

Photobucket

This was really odd. KICKAPOO KANGEROO blooming all the way hidden in the folliage. I had never had that before. It has plenty of other stalks ready to bloom so I will be getting a better view of the flower. It did not bloom for me last year so this is first view of the flower.

Photobucket

Lots of flowers to open.

Photobucket

The first of my Siberian Iris to open this spring. Way ahead of anything else, no other bloom stalks even.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Iris Blooms of the Year.

Very pretty, Rita, I acn't wait to see the Kickapoo Kangaroo out of its folaige. I love purple iris.
kay

o

I'm anxious to see Kickapoo Kangaroo out where it should be too. I have had that happen a few times, not this year though. My Siberian iris just opened a couple of days ago, funny how close our timing is one Siberians & different on bearded iris. Still like Spot Starter

o

I almost missed realizing that there was a bloom on Kickapoo Kangeroo. I just happened to notice the splash of color as I was walking by on the way to Spot Starter. I am sure it will look much better when it blooms on a real stalk LOL!

Kay- I know you love purple and KK is purple and very crazy splashed colors.

Nancy- I wouldn't go by the bloom on China Spring to say it is Siberian Iris bloom time around here. Nothing else even has stalks so this one is out of the gate way ahead of all others and in a different time zone.

o

I like Spot Starter too. That second photo is really good- look at all of those lush green plants!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here